• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this "Auction" site located near me...

50 posts in this topic

http://www.westonauctions.com/comics.html

I have no affiliation to this guy or his site.

He posted it on the Facebook forum and I have repeatedly asked him what his background is in selling comics...no answer.

What his percentage is auctioning the comics...no answer

What his previous auction prices have attained to understand how close to market value his auctions attain... he says his data is private and won't disclose it.

hm

http://www.westonauctions.com/comics.html

I have no affiliation to this guy or his site.

He posted it on the Facebook forum and I have repeatedly asked him what his background is in selling comics...no answer.

What his percentage is auctioning the comics...no answer

What his previous auction prices have attained to understand how close to market value his auctions attain... he says his data is private and won't disclose it.

hm

You know what's even more annoying? He is advertising his site with a book that is in my private collection. Take a look at the one in my registry set and now take a look at the book that is on his page. That Action Comics 33 was originally Comicdonna's who sold it to Quadman and then he sold it to me. That book has changed hands twice since 2012 and Comicdonna had it in his possession for some time before that. I don't think that book has ever passed through Weston Auctions hands.

Here is the link to the book in my Action Comics registry set. It looks like he may have lifted the scan right from my set and filtered it.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=700660

You know what's even more annoying? He is advertising his site with a book that is in my private collection. Take a look at the one in my registry set and now take a look at the book that is on his page. That Action Comics 33 was originally Comicdonna's who sold it to Quadman and then he sold it to me. That book has changed hands twice since 2012 and Comicdonna had it in his possession for some time before that. I don't think that book has ever passed through Weston Auctions hands.

I think you need to call him on it.

I think you need to call him on it.

Funny you mention that... I just called him. Was prompted to leave a voicemail though.

They said they don't have ownership of books just sell them..so I asked if they knew anything about comic books they would know not to post books they do not have in hand for sale..

and they can't have that book for sale ,right??

and then asked them why they don't post their qualifications etc etc..

because that would be better than advertising your services with books you are not selling

I am posting on it they are answering me back..it's kind of funny..

"aww poor us we didn't know anything"

Well then do not hold yourself out as some sort of comic book selling expert if you are not. If you are not you are probably not qualified to handle top dollar comic books..

Let me guess you carefully ship them rolled in a sturdy tube?

"Hey it's a fine+++ A-1 comic book..my wife used it as a coaster (long story my 4 yr old wanted to see the first Spiderman comic) so it comes with a bonus latte ring"

Just privately wrote the following:

Please remove the image of Action Comics 33 CGC 6.5 Off White to White from your website. I can personally trace the provenance of that book quite a number of years and is the copy that is currently sitting in my personal collection and has been for quite some time. I know the previous two owners of that particular copy as it has only traded hands privately. If you require any evidence that I own (and have owned the copy) then please let me know what you would need. In any event. I would like the book removed as it has not had anything to do with your site nor have I had anything to do with your business service.