• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thongor??

12 posts in this topic

I bought a bunch of comics off a guy on ebay. since he was so late on posting the comics he threw in a couple of freebies for me. One of these was Thongor Issue 24 from 1961! Ive never heard a thing about this guy so ive been looking him up. Heres a picture of the front cover for you.

88_1_b.jpg

Anyone had any experiences with him or collect him? Ims till trying to get over the fact that he is called thongor. What an unlucky name! yay.gif

He's a Conan-esque character. He was a character from a series of books (novels) created in the mid-'60s by Lin Carter.

gossip.gif

The comic he sent you is Creatures On The Loose #24 (July, 1973). Thongor ran in that title from #22 - #29.

He's a Conan-esque character. He was a character from a series of books (novels) created in the mid-'60s by Lin Carter.

gossip.gif

The comic he sent you is Creatures On The Loose #24 (July, 1973). Thongor ran in that title from #22 - #29.

When i first glanced at it i thought it was a conan comic until the word thong jumped out at me. It's certainly an interesting comic. Im going to read it later on to see what this guy is like. He could pass for Conans brother (maybe he is who knows? I see a new storyline forming.....lol) Plus im intreaged by these "lizard hawks" attacking him. Freaky stuff screwy.gif Cheers for the info strongguy smile.gif Much appriecated. smile.gif

Those stories are set in the waaaay distant past. Somewhere around 500,000 years ago. He's supposed to be pre-Conan. All-in-all they are not too bad for '70s Marvels. They're worth the read since there are only 8 issues and you can pick them up cheaply.

Anyone else think this character should be rebooted as a thong-wearing female?

with a horror feel...

Thongoria!

i can just imagine the crossover stories. Thongoria and Vampirella meet in a castle on a stormy night......

(you can tell why marvel or dc will never let me write for them)