• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meet the "press"

23 posts in this topic

For people of a certain generation and earlier you put on at least a jacket and wore a tie if you were going to be seen in public...

Yep, same for my dad, born in 1923.

Back in the '70s, he'd put on a sport-coat to go to the 7-11 for a pack of smokes, never wore denim (except for his dungarees in the Navy) or shorts, and even cut the grass in an old pair of dark green work pants and one of those old-school "penguin" polo shirts.

'Twas a different era indeed...

If you look at pictures of the crowds at baseball and football games from the 1950s and earlier, you see a lot of men wearing sports jackets and ties. Similarly, I was looking at some photos of Disneyland in the 1950s and, again, a significant minority of men were wearing jackets and ties.

My, how things have changed......

k8U57XM.jpg

TxoXJFZ.jpg

8lMVnGL.jpg

My high school had a Mime Troupe, made up of people in the Drama Club. I remind my sister that she participated in it every chance I get. Really annoying to the 99% of students that weren't involved in Drama Club.

Anyway, John Bryne looks like he just got kicked out of it.

My high school had a Mime Troupe, made up of people in the Drama Club. I remind my sister that she participated in it every chance I get. Really annoying to the 99% of students that weren't involved in Drama Club.

Anyway, John Bryne looks like he just got kicked out of it.