• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your "Space Girls"
1 1

350 posts in this topic

26141707341_64a66325c7_b.jpg

I thought this Wonder cover by Ingels was missing from list. Not sure if any of the others are Space Girls but Wonderman covers should be.

Edited by BB-Gun

captainrocket1.jpg

Any idea who is the artist on that cover Richard

Harry Harrison I believe:

"In art school I teamed up with Wally Wood, and you'll see a lot of old comics signed Harrison-Wood, and that's the Harrison and that's the Wood. Wally and I worked together for years, we started in school, selling our stuff, and goodness knows which magazines we worked for: there were 650 titles a month in those days, things like Captain Rocket and Rangeland Romances.

captainrocket1.jpg

"In art school I teamed up with Wally Wood, and you'll see a lot of old comics signed Harrison-Wood, and that's the Harrison and that's the Wood. Wally and I worked together for years, we started in school, selling our stuff, and goodness knows which magazines we worked for: there were 650 titles a month in those days, things like Captain Rocket and Rangeland Romances.

Thanks !!

captainrocket1.jpg

Thanks !!

Let's wait for corroboration!

Canadian Space Girls

RAD61EAE2013114_12614_zpsc0pts9pc.jpg

I want this so bad...

I've never seen this one before. Is that color touch?

Canadian Whites have notoriously bad colour strikes.

I've never seen this Bell book before....Ryan,any chance you could post or pm spme some interior images?

captainrocket1.jpg

Despite that quote from Harrison, the cover to Capt Rocket is almost certainly the work of Harry Anderson.

Harrison may have done work on Capt Science with Wood as well as other titles and just confused the names after the passing of years.

captainrocket1.jpg

Despite that quote from Harrison, the cover to Capt Rocket is almost certainly the work of Harry Anderson.

Harrison may have done work on Capt Science with Wood as well as other titles and just confused the names after the passing of years.

Thanks Adam! In that quote, Harrison isn't actually saying he worked on Captain Rocket - more like he cant remember ('goodness knows which magazines we worked for'). But it has been used by others to credit him.

In passing, the figure of Captain Rocket seems far better realized than the space girl behind him. She is a bit more reminiscent of Harrison's style, maybe. I look at the figure of Captain Rocket, and -of all people - think of Everett. (The hair, the knuckles of the hand...)

But you wouldn't say Anderson without very good reason!

It's a very long time since I read a copy. Who did the interior art?