• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade: House of Mystery #259 - New Fast Loading Scans

9 posts in this topic

I agree. 9.4

I can't see it getting higher than that with the miscut.

Then again, I've seen worse spine wraps get 9.6. crazy.gif

I agree. 9.4

I can't see it getting higher than that with the miscut.

Then again, I've seen worse spine wraps get 9.6. crazy.gif

Whay are ppl harping on these slight QP issues with books today, we've all seem some of the 893censored-thumb.gif that has been slabbed 9.6 and 9.8

Im going 9.6 that thing is cloud9.gif

Forgive them Sterling they no not how hard those Dollar HOMs are in HG.

I was leaning 9.6 but that funk in the upper right corner scared me off.

Maybe it's scanner ghosts?

confused-smiley-013.gif

No, that is some faint creases. In person you do have to do a double take on it. I've seen defects as this grade to 9.4, but considering their grading has been anal strict lately, I'm going for 9.2. The fact that this book doesn't exhibit the traditional bindery defects found in Dollar Comics is what I think will give it a chance to push it back to a 9.4. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In terms of miscut I think this problem is common on this issue the same as the miscut issue of HoS 88. I've yet to see one cut correctly. (I now hear the sounds of everyone scanning their QP perfect issue).

Thanks!!!

Forgive them Sterling they no not how hard those Dollar HOMs are in HG.

It definitely is...that's why I'm snapping up any CGC 9.6 graded ones at a premium!! gossip.gif (The later Dollar Comics with other titles with the reduced page count aren't too difficult to find in HG as they don't seem to exhibit the bindery tears "as much")