• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NYX3 cool down at some point?

60 posts in this topic

It's so ridiculous - I could maybe see it if the character got the nod to carry her own movie, but most of these side character inclusions are there and gone in a blink. Even if they're there as a helping hand to the main character over most of a film, how often does it go any further than that? I can't think of a single instance where a little known character has shown up in a modern movie and then taken the world by storm. The prices on these books spike up as if a bit part has some strong chance to lead to a movie franchise.

They recent bump is nuts, but the book is a modern key regardless. The 9.8's around $500 from a few months ago seemed somewhat realistic and sustainable. I am not sure the current values are. The difference with X-23 is that the character was already well established and popular, much like Harley Quinn (like it or not), and that popularity had grown organically without any film buzz.

I agree its a modern key no doubt and she's popular however this 9.8 500 bucks before speculation rumors to 1k sales are not organically grown over time. Its a temporary doubling in price from the rumor not gradual growth IMO.

Was not implying the bump to $1000 was organic, I think it is fake. The growth to $500 was real and I believe sustainable. So that $1000 will likely fall back to the 500 to 600 range.

It's so ridiculous - I could maybe see it if the character got the nod to carry her own movie, but most of these side character inclusions are there and gone in a blink. Even if they're there as a helping hand to the main character over most of a film, how often does it go any further than that? I can't think of a single instance where a little known character has shown up in a modern movie and then taken the world by storm. The prices on these books spike up as if a bit part has some strong chance to lead to a movie franchise.

They recent bump is nuts, but the book is a modern key regardless. The 9.8's around $500 from a few months ago seemed somewhat realistic and sustainable. I am not sure the current values are. The difference with X-23 is that the character was already well established and popular, much like Harley Quinn (like it or not), and that popularity had grown organically without any film buzz.

I agree its a modern key no doubt and she's popular however this 9.8 500 bucks before speculation rumors to 1k sales are not organically grown over time. Its a temporary doubling in price from the rumor not gradual growth IMO.

Was not implying the bump to $1000 was organic, I think it is fake. The growth to $500 was real and I believe sustainable. So that $1000 will likely fall back to the 500 to 600 range.

If there's a movie appearance, the drop will get delayed and with a little higher ceiling ($600 instead of $500) I'd think. But if there's no movie, it'll probably drop back to $500 in a week lol

Jerome

Raws for $150 with the prices low and flipping 9.8's for huge profits is gone now. Sorry.....the book will likely stay high.

As a seller getting lowball offers on a 9.6 (thank you auto decline) I hope they stay up because the character/book deserves it. What was sustainable? The steady flip for 9.4 and above copies getting slabbed? Even local stores started selling for $300 raw because the demand since her debut as Wolverine started selling really well. I also noticed more teenage girls coming in for that book specifically.

I believe a lot of the speculation is based on Hugh Jackman tossing in the towel after the next movie (confirmed), the story-based likelihood of something character-ending happening to Wolverine in the next movie (speculation, but doubt they'll just recast), and her stepping in to fill his "role" in future films (speculation, but if the first two happen, it's quite possible).

Lots of speculation sure, but I think that's what people are gambling on.

I believe a lot of the speculation is based on Hugh Jackman tossing in the towel after the next movie (confirmed), the story-based likelihood of something character-ending happening to Wolverine in the next movie (speculation, but doubt they'll just recast), and her stepping in to fill his "role" in future films (speculation, but if the first two happen, it's quite possible).

Lots of speculation sure, but I think that's what people are gambling on.

Ridiculous. Almost all of it. Except for Jackman moving on.

Is NYX #4 priced low enough, that with the pretty awesomely visual cover, it is in fact a better speculation for greater returns on an investment today, or is the hobby all about the 1st appearance, and anything after that is simply common caliber material?

Mine went, bought another Raw, and the cycle continues. Just not a under $300 raw NM book anymore unless you are savvy.

Ridiculous. Almost all of it. Except for Jackman moving on.

(shrug) And yet here we are...

And now even more hype behind it with Singer confirming he pitched her to FOX. If anything good will come of this, it's that Hugh Jackman will not be "replaced" as Wolverine, and they just progress to where they are with Laura.

We have an all-new wolverine thread, maybe this thread should be merged with it.

I saw the movie. Going to be a lot of upset people when they see x23 is not in the current marvel cinematic universe plans.

Only the people who put that stuff in their for sale adds trying to move copies.

:grin: Singer only "Pitched the Idea". And since when is the X-Movies part of the MCU?

I figured the blood collected would make Madelyn Pryor, not X-23 if coming from the original plot lines, this is the way to Cable.

Still won't change the heat on NYX #3 much, it needed one more little push to go on people's radar. 1st Appearance with less copies than Deadpool and Harley, and gaining steam every day.

I saw the movie. Going to be a lot of upset people when they see x23 is not in the current marvel cinematic universe plans.

Only the people who put that stuff in their for sale adds trying to move copies.

:grin: Singer only "Pitched the Idea". And since when is the X-Movies part of the MCU?

I figured the blood collected would make Madelyn Pryor, not X-23 if coming from the original plot lines, this is the way to Cable.

Still won't change the heat on NYX #3 much, it needed one more little push to go on people's radar. 1st Appearance with less copies than Deadpool and Harley, and gaining steam every day.

I disagree on this fundamental point. The book doubled in price not gradually it happened because of the movie rumor. Would it have gained value slowly over time? probably. Is the value currently inflated? Without a doubt.

I disagree on this fundamental point. The book doubled in price not gradually it happened because of the movie rumor. Would it have gained value slowly over time? probably. Is the value currently inflated? Without a doubt.

Because pitching a movie to a studio and getting a studio to say yes are the same thing?

Exactly. There was nothing organic about the recent uptick in price. This book shot up because of rumors. It is a bad book to be buying at current prices.

Because pitching a movie to a studio and getting a studio to say yes are the same thing?

Not at all. These rumors were way before Singer even admitted pitching the movie. The rumor started about some after credit scene that one or 2 critics said was present. Now we know its not. The book double in value for this very rumor.