• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

A lot of the books that have been listed on this thread as tough to find are books I run into a lot at comic shops that have back stock from the 1990s.

In most cases, I find them stuck in boxes that haven't been looked through in awhile and in 50 cent and dollar boxes because most dealers don't think 1990s and early 2000s comics are worth anything at all.

Those are the shops I like to hit up. Usually, I find scarce 1990s comics in them and trade paperbacks and hardcovers that are rare.

At shows, I like to visit the booths that have tables and tables of comics for 50 cents each because there are usually a lot of scarce comics in them, especially because this is a fairly new collecting niche (I mean, who'd have ever thought 1990s comics would EVER be worth anything, right?) and those of us who do collect these rarities make up a very small community -- right now.

I usually make my money back on traveling to a show and the ticket price by finding hard-to-find comics like the ones in this thread for cheap and selling them, either on eBay or to webuycomics.com.

---

A couple notes:

I buy Ghost Rider 93s every chance I get. It wasn't until recently that I noticed they are selling for upwards of $50 on eBay.

I have also noticed that those GR 93s - and 94s - are getting harder and harder to find.

And who would have ever thought Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel would sell so high? A shop near me in Kentucky pulled all four of the issues out of their 50 cent box and just sold a set of the miniseries for $140!

Its not new to the hobby there are several of us who have been doing this for a long time.

I just find it interesting to see what books turn up. They are just some that never show up in the Wild. Its always fun to see someone find one. Some are completely worthless, but I have to prove they at least exist.

Like this book below. Not worth much currently, but very difficult to find. I have found 3 and I cant help but buy it everytime I see it just for its rarity.

vFB4Blam.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely one I have never seen in the wild. Nice!

And, while I know it's not entirely new to look for these scarce 1990s issues, it isn't something done widely in the comics collecting community, at least not like collecting first appearances or silver age or things like those.

I enjoy finding out about these scarce comics because, eventually, there will be a wider audience collecting them and I want to be able to say I was on the ground floor for this niche.

Edited by MichaelBrowning

I would love a 9.8 copy of Rune vs Silver Surfer. I have an 8.5 slabbed but I never see this book and I own the cover art so I would like a great condition copy if possible. Alas, I continue to hunt in the wild.

I would love a 9.8 copy of Rune vs Silver Surfer. I have an 8.5 slabbed but I never see this book and I own the cover art so I would like a great condition copy if possible. Alas, I continue to hunt in the wild.

Do you mean this collected version? I just found one last month for first time. There are a couple on ebay, but it is by no means an easy find.

OMmtMVql.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial