• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Might be this one.

Rune%20Silver%20Surfer%201%207_3.jpg

This is the one. Not valuable I just never see it. Conan / Rune is everywhere but not this one.

I think I have about 3 of these. Don't think I have that white collectors edition though. I seem to have come across them (reg. cvr.) quite a bit over the years.

Might be this one.

This is the one. Not valuable I just never see it. Conan / Rune is everywhere but not this one.

I think I have about 3 of these. Don't think I have that white collectors edition though. I seem to have come across them (reg. cvr.) quite a bit over the years.

Fairly common book and worthless...just saying.

Might be this one.

Yep, it is for me, and others I'm sure. But, depending on geographic region, maybe not so common. Online they can found easily (cheap), but some collectors may never come across them in the wild. Odd but true fact about comic availability per region.

Might be this one.

Yep, it is for me, and others I'm sure. But, depending on geographic region, maybe not so common. Online they can found easily (cheap), but some collectors may never come across them in the wild. Odd but true fact about comic availability per region.

Yeah, I see them online but as I said I am looking for a 9.8 copy. in any event...

A LCS has had the Swamp Thing #171 up on their wall for a while. It is one that I don't see in regular back issue boxes, for sure, and I would have already picked it up but they have it for $25, which I'm not sure is really a great deal. I actually recently found that Wolverine you mentioned in a dollar box, and was surprised to see it's not really going for that much online... it really is a cool cover. Never been on the look out for the Savage Dragon, but I did come across a seemingly full run of 1-around 40 or so at a flea market a few weeks ago... may go back and look this coming weekend.

Finally picked up an Akira #38, but it wasn't really "in the wild"... it was a wall book at a mini show. Wasn't cheap, but still better than what it tends to get regularly listed for online. Looks at least 9.6, as well. That was my big spending on black friday, along with a signed original pressing of Beach Boys "Pet Sounds", but that's off topic. Suffice to say, between those two, and the Preacher 1 & 2 I just bought, I think it's time for me to take it easy on the spending for a while, haha.

I'll gripe about a few I can never find in the wild.....last issue of swamp thing (171), that wolverine with the cover where he's got sabertooth's decapitated head a la Crime Suspenstories 22, and the God vs Satan issue of Savage Dragon; 31, I think.

Reorganizing my comic room this weekend, had it readily available.

Wolverine v2 #55

k3rJb91.jpg

Edited by CBT

Thank you for that beauty!?

no problem :)

That's the copy I got from my pull list at the time, my LCS gave me that one instead of a regular :D

quite a few on ebay if hunting:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=wolverine+55+land&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=wolverine+55+land&_sacat=0

Just found another one of those over the weekend but they're never even a 9.6 when they turn up. Looks like I missed a cheap 9.9 on ebay 2 days ago, ahhhhh well

A couple books I never see in long boxes are X-men Origins Deadpool one shot and Fall Of The Hulks Savage She-Hulks #3 JSC variant. Until yesterday :)

Thank you for that beauty!?

no problem :)

That's the copy I got from my pull list at the time, my LCS gave me that one instead of a regular :D

quite a few on ebay if hunting:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=wolverine+55+land&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=wolverine+55+land&_sacat=0

Just found another one of those over the weekend but they're never even a 9.6 when they turn up. Looks like I missed a cheap 9.9 on ebay 2 days ago, ahhhhh well

A couple books I never see in long boxes are X-men Origins Deadpool one shot and Fall Of The Hulks Savage She-Hulks #3 JSC variant. Until yesterday :)

I have had one copy of X-men Origins Deadpool and I rarely see it for sale anywhere it is a tough find.

Several Hulk/She Hulk covers are tough finds toward the end of the run.

Last few issues of the Ms Marvel series seem tough as well.