• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2017 at 10:50 PM, BishopT said:

Well, I'm a little late to the music comics stuff, but here are a couple of my favorites that I never see:

IMG_2253.thumb.JPG.079ae3ceccf7fc2add331de064f30927.JPG

That Prince comic is the only one of those I've ever come across (at a local show the weekend after he died), but I see each printing of the Prince: Alter Ego (with the Bolland cover) fairly often, especially the newsstand edition. That Megadeth is the second of the faux-leather cover I've come across, but those are the only two I've ever seen in person, never even seen the regular cover once... and that is Dave Mustaine's sig there, with a COA on the back.

I really like that leather cover Megadeth book!! Did you have Mustaine sign the book, or was it already there?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I really like that leather cover Megadeth book!! Did you have Mustaine sign the book, or was it already there?

It was already there, with a COA on the back, sealed with a Chaos stamp. I think the COA has the number of copies he signed, but I'll have to double check. Paid $20 for that one, the other one I have (unsigned, and in better condition) I paid $2 for.

Just now, BishopT said:

It was already there, with a COA on the back, sealed with a Chaos stamp. I think the COA has the number of copies he signed, but I'll have to double check. Paid $20 for that one, the other one I have (unsigned, and in better condition) I paid $2 for.

Cool, that's a great find for $2

Just now, BishopT said:

Yeah, I thought so too. I'm not a humongous Megadeth fan, but I do appreciate Mustaine's importance to metal and his work on Kill Em All.

I'm just glad he didn't give up after getting kicked out of the band, went on to make a lot of cool tunes. Megadeth did give us that awesome bass line that MTV used for MTV News Intro.

How difficult and what value would you put a mid-grade last issue newsstand version of X-O Manowar #68? I'm guessing Fine condition, though I didn't open it up and examine it. I know the whole Valiant newsstand thing has been discussed here rather recently. And this happens to be a key book.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:19 PM, Michael Browning said:

And, the last one for the night, which is possibly the hardest comic I've had to find in a long, long time: Betty 8 featuring a very racy cover by Dan DeCarlo. This is the only copy I've ever been able to find.

betty8.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222662185231?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

How difficult and what value would you put a mid-grade last issue newsstand version of X-O Manowar #68? I'm guessing Fine condition, though I didn't open it up and examine it. I know the whole Valiant newsstand thing has been discussed here rather recently. And this happens to be a key book.

Valiant newsstand collectors are 2 basic groups. One group needs to complete the set first so almost any grade will do . The other group is looking for high grade copies. Both groups intermingle, but that sums it up.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:33 PM, Jimbo749 said:

Don't have this one yet, I've only got 4 out 17 issues for this series.

I only have the first issue but seeing the ones you found has made me want to seek out the rest of the run.

Edited by creaturefan95

On 9/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, Jimbo749 said:

I'm just glad he didn't give up after getting kicked out of the band, went on to make a lot of cool tunes. Megadeth did give us that awesome bass line that MTV used for MTV News Intro.

Seeing them on Wednesday opening for the Scorps. That is a great bass line.

Never seen this book anywhere.  I know 2 versions of it exist and there are some on ebay, but even at shows I had never seen it.
I bet I have been looking for this book for at least 8 years no luck.

Then today I have proven it exists.  I couldn't pay fast enough for this book.    :acclaim::whee:

MZ2hbKKl.jpg

Edited by fastballspecial