• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time To Lift The Ban on Voldemort's?

341 posts in this topic

Mommy and daddy got a divorce, and daddy ran off and took up with someone else. Mommy won't let us talk about daddy. Daddy doesn't care, talk about what you want, he's not really paying attention anyway. Two different parents, two different attitudes. Bottom line is we'll all end up needing therapy.

On another note, I see somebody here mentioned that Voldemort's forum is now open, which I didn't realize. I'm guessing CGC doesn't really want people talking about that, either. It does seem that activity on the CGC forums overall has gone down quite a bit lately. (EDIT: Looked at it, and it kinda blows.)

I went there but it is not very well organized. There are no subforums so everything is lumped in together.

Certainly not because of new forum

Only losers post over there

How many threads did you start over there?

Certainly not because of new forum

Only losers post over there

How many threads did you start over there?

a lot. The only one that mattered was the Greggy appreciation thread

I'll repeat it: while I think it's a bit silly, it is CGC's forum to do with as they please. If CGC somehow feels they are protecting their brand, that's up to them. Again, I thinks it's just silly and have no expectation that any protest or complaint will change it anytime soon.

162395.jpeg.1d9b21fe7d999d285e2749660c94e655.jpeg

I'll repeat it: while I think it's a bit silly, it is CGC's forum to do with as they please. If CGC somehow feels they are protecting their brand, that's up to them. Again, I thinks it's just silly and have no expectation that any protest or complaint will change it anytime soon.

Everything you say here is true. It's bad PR for CGC and doesn't facilitate good customer relations, but it's their choice.

Everything you say here is true. It's bad PR for CGC and doesn't facilitate good customer relations, but it's their choice.

More importantly... summer is coming... what beer should I look around for today?

I am out of my Sam Adams Summer Ale and will be doing some shopping tonight. Any recommendations?

More importantly... summer is coming... what beer should I look around for today?

I am out of my Sam Adams Summer Ale and will be doing some shopping tonight. Any recommendations?

Find a local craft brewery.

Ipswich Ale :cloud9:

Lagunitas IPA

Pacifico

Magic Hat #9 Not Quite Pale Ale

Magic Hat #9 Not Quite Pale Ale

(thumbs u

That's a good one. Also, Tuckerman Pale Ale

Mommy and daddy got a divorce, and daddy ran off and took up with someone else. Mommy won't let us talk about daddy. Daddy doesn't care, talk about what you want, he's not really paying attention anyway. Two different parents, two different attitudes. Bottom line is we'll all end up needing therapy.

Life's philosophical positions can often be summed up into two distinct sides: mommy's and daddy's, hawks and doves, left and right, liberal and conservative.

I prefer to use the terms realist and idealist. I was an idealist for a very long time but as you get older you start to realize that ideals are great but what is really, practically happening is important too. So I've molded my personal philosophy to combine the best of two polar opposites. I try to remain an idealist but sometimes have to patiently put my ideals aside while operating as a realist in the real world, while waiting for my ideals to come to fruition.

Since we are in an age where nobody can stop information from escaping, not even multibillion dollar corporations can prevent it, I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have the discussion in my front yard where it can be monitored and responded to than to avoid it and learn about it elsewhere and have to make up excuses for something after a groundswell movement has already begun.

Like Ewert for example. It started here, it was dealt with here and it was put to bed here. Had the conversation happened somewhere else and was left unmanaged it may have turned out completely differently.

It really is a matter of how you look at it as a business owner and how you want to be perceived.

If it's perceived that I am trying to prevent people from promoting a competitor then all I am doing is trying to prevent people on my site from finding out about the competition, which is really an impossible task in the world of Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc. This in my opinion is really limiting your market share because you are essentially building a fence around your market share and

1) it automatically alienates this site from competition's customers by preventing them from posting here

2) you are effectively preventing people from proving that your product is the better one, if it in fact is.

It's what I call 'the short game' (props to a lawyer of mine who coined the term for me) and it is effectively forcing people to choose a side but it always just a temporary solution which always has fall out in my opinion. Just like when kids are forced to choose a side but when they grow older they make a more informed decision and realize that maybe one parent wasn't as fair as the other.

The long game is entirely different. You continue to reinforce your product in a positive way, you bring positive changes to your product and allow for discussion (and competition) while constantly pushing to become the stronger product. That's how you win the long game. And as kids grow up they learn to choose for themselves.

The most important benefit to having the discussion in your own front yard is that it brings all of the consumer research you could ever ask for into your front yard, neatly delivered with a bow on it.

Anyhow, that's just my philosophical approach to business.