• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orrin C. Evans Key on eBay: Do you have one?

17 posts in this topic

The condition is horrible, so I am not going to go for it, but it is a Gerber 9 and an important piece of comic history. This is the first time I have seen one for sale.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/All-Negro-Comics-1-First-printing-/172209371130?hash=item28187a77fa:g:ulsAAOSwcvdXOml8

Anyone have a better condition copy in their collection that they would like to share pics of?

Thanks for the replies. I am quite conscious of the fact that Gerber's ratings have not necessarily held up over the years. I am surprised by Gator's claim that there are likely 100+ out there (even after checking the CGC census earlier), but I don't doubt his accuracy. I'd love to own this book, but I'd rather wait for one in better condition. I'd love to see some of the ones that boardies have in their collections.

I've always been intrigued by this book. Even in its degraded form, the linked copy is somewhat tempting. But yeah, looks super brittle, so... Ah well.

As I recall PQ is a big problem for this book in general.

I've always been intrigued by this book. Even in its degraded form, the linked copy is somewhat tempting. But yeah, looks super brittle, so... Ah well.

As I recall PQ is a big problem for this book in general.

Right. I think some copies are from the same find and were not stored properly so they have tan, or even brittle, pages.

We have a 6.5 available on our website.

In my unbiased opinion it is the coolest, best investment potential, collection corner-stone book in the entire history of comic collecting...and that is not sales pitch rhetoric.

In my unbiased opinion it is the coolest, best investment potential, collection corner-stone book in the entire history of comic collecting...and that is not sales pitch rhetoric.

If true, then I'd like to hear your real sales pitch! :baiting::kidaround:

My sales pitch sounds very much like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon.

I think that's the one where he shows up unannounced, leaves the book on your doorstep, and then debits your bank account. hm

It's a cool book, but not super scarce. I've got 3 copies, all low grade though. Negro Romance 1-4 is much tougher imo , esp issues 2-4.

I think so, too.

My sales pitch sounds very much like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon.

Funny, that's what I sound like when I say how much I'm willing to spend! :grin:

I think that's the one where he shows up unannounced, leaves the book on your doorstep, and then debits your bank account. hm

lol

It's a cool book, but not super scarce. I've got 3 copies, all low grade though. Negro Romance 1-4 is much tougher imo , esp issues 2-4.

I think so, too.

Me three. Issue one is the most "common" and that's used loosely in this case. I've seen more no. 2's than no.3's ( again, not that many in either case). I don't own a 4 but that one and 3 are the toughest of the tough run.