• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 24-27, 2017
2 2

371 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Really? I thought the selection was pretty darned good. 

There are good books in the room. I meant that the vendors aren't having as good a show as they typically would. 

Just now, mysterio said:

There are good books in the room. I meant that the vendors aren't having as good a show as they typically would. 

The crowds were surprisingly light for a Saturday afternoon. The two dealers I talked to were having a good show so far (in terms of sales)

The selection did seem a little lighter this year. Still plenty of great books in the room but this show took a step back. This year was the most I saw non comic related corporations with booths. That's a trend in a the wrong direction imho 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

The selection did seem a little lighter this year. Still plenty of great books in the room but this show took a step back. This year was the most I saw non comic related corporations with booths. That's a trend in a the wrong direction imho 

This. 

9 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Really? I thought the selection was pretty darned good. 

... compared to a Canadian comicon. About 80 vendor's tables available (empty). Mark from Kentucky did not show up, and he usually sells esoteric comics and collectibles for bargain prices.

18 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

... compared to a Canadian comicon. About 80 vendor's tables available (empty). Mark from Kentucky did not show up, and he usually sells esoteric comics and collectibles for bargain prices.

80 unsold tables at WW Chicago? That's unheard of. 

4 minutes ago, Murphman13 said:

80 unsold tables at WW Chicago? That's unheard of. 

To be fair there was a bigger vendor who usually books an island full of tables who could not make it, as his co-worker was not able to make Wizard Chicago. Long drive, many heavy long boxes.