• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First appearance of the Gargoyle from the Defenders???

10 posts in this topic

I'm guessing he's a Bronze Age creation...but I remember reading a really cool Gargoyle mini-series in the mid 80's, as well as enjoying his run in the Defenders in the 80's.

Can anyone tell me the first app of the Gargoyle?

Thanks crew!!!

According to the current Overstreet .... Defenders 94 is the 1st Gargoyle. I do not have a copy of that issue, but if my math is even close that would be in the very early 1980's (1981 or 1982 maybe).

Hope this helps.

Yep #94. He was introduced in the storyline that had the Defenders fight the hand, which really ended up being Mephisto and and a bunch of crappy demons.

If you get the #94, you might want to go all the way to #100 which is the conclusion of the storyline.

Thanks team - you guys rock!

And yes, Marvel and Sony announced today they are developing a Gargoyle movie...but after reading the story, it looks like they are targeting "kids" moreso than adults and will not be using the Gargoyle character as he's known in the Marvel universe. Sounds like an Indiana Jones type storyline about a boy who helps search for a talisman that will turn a Gargoyle back into a human.

I'm guessing he's a Bronze Age creation...but I remember reading a really cool Gargoyle mini-series in the mid 80's, as well as enjoying his run in the Defenders in the 80's.

The mini series was pretty cool, I thought he sucked in the Defenders book. His best run was in the Hellstorm book published in the 1990s, when he played the Son of Satan's butler. Very interesting stuff that got overlooked in the 90's flood of crud.

Mark