• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evelyn's VERY old Comics Discounts and group prices page 47

470 posts in this topic

Price lowered from $450 to $395. Time payments are possible on this lot.

I didn't want to start a new thread, because I didn't get to very many books today, so I'm added them here.

Evelyn's Little Big books. I don't know how to grade these, but looking at some Antiquarian sites, it seems that the a lot of them are in decent shape. Not quite the same as grading comics. I was also told that most books have browning pages, most of these do not, there are quite a few with OW pages. Pages are supple except for one book that had tearing on the first page, and just that page is damaged.

Most have corner wear and some edgewear. Some of the corner wear is minimal. I tried to note anything other than that.

All the books except the ones I noted appear to be 1st prints. If I don't mention page quality, figure it's light tan to tan, but still supple.

I took a lot of pictures and tried to note anything you would not see in the pictures, but feel free to ask for better descriptions or more pictures.

There are 28 all together, 26 decent copies, plus 2 coverless books $425 shipped priority mail in the US. Out of the US, exact shipping less $10.

Mickey Mouse #731, the Mail Pilot. Whitman 1933, Edge wear, and spine wear, first page is half loose, pages in the cream range.

Skippy #761, Whitman 1929, Name inside and name erased inside, pages OW/CR.

Buck Rogers #765, In the City below the Sea. Whiman 1934, Tape on spine, name inside cover,.

Tiny Tim #767, Whitman 1935, 2 names inside. 1st page is starting to come loose.

Don Winslow U.S.N. #1107, Whitman 1935, Pages are ow/cr and very tight, another book that might be unread. There is a small tear on the page before the copyright, page

Dan Dunn Secret Operative 48. #1125, On the Trail of the Counterfeiters. Whitman 1936

Little Orphan Annie and the Big Train Robbery. #1140. , Whitman 1934. Book is very tight, like it has not been opened before and the pages are off white.

Mickey Mouse and the Bat Bandit. #1153, Whitman 1935, pages in the cream range .

Flash Gordon #1166, Monsters of Mongo. Whitman 1935. The spine is missing from the outside and it's taped. The Copyright page has tears and it looks like the next page was torn out. The last section of the book (about 1/4” ), is stuck together.

Radio Patrol, Trailing the Safeblowers. #1173. Whitman 1937, pages are OW.

Flash Gordon #1407, in the Water World of Mongo. Whitman 1937 (2nd printing) cr/lt tan pages, small tear lower spine.

Blondie, #1410, Whitman 1946, Dagwood in Hot Water. 3rd print.. Pages are OW/with a touch of cream.

Mickey Mouse and the 'Lectro Box. Whitman,#1413, 1946, 4th printing. Pages are in the OW or better range.

Smilin' Jack, Wings Over the Pacific, #1416. Whitman 1939, 1/2” spine split top. OW pages.

Flash Gordon #1423, and the Perils of Mongo. Whitman, 1940, (3rd printing) Tape on the spine, there is a tear on the inside cover and some crimping of the first 50 pages, pages are ow/cr.

Terry and the Pirates #1425, War in the Jungle. Whitman 1946, Name and address written inside.

Don Winslow #1439, and the Great War Plot. Whitman 1940 (3rd printing) Pages in the OW range. Name inside.

Airfighters of America, # 1448, 1941, Whitman. Pages are OW/Cr, Tape on spine.

The Green Hornet #1453,.1/4” tear upper left, stain on the spine. Whitman 1940, pages are OW/CR.

Tracy #1454, On the High Seas. Whitman 1939. A small tear at the top of the spine. Pages are in the OW/Cr range.

Charlie Chan #1459 solves a new mystery. Very light pages, there is a split inside near the binding.

Brick Bradford #1468, The Modern Buccaneer, Whitman 1938, 3rd printing Corner wear, name inside, pages are OW

Brick Bradford, #1468, The Modern Buccaneer, Whitman 1938, 3rd printing ,pages are OW/CR.

Corner wear.

Dan Dunn Secret Operative 48, and the Border Smugglers , #1481, Whitman 1938, Tape on the spine, name and address inside.,pages are OW/CR

Tom Swift #1485, and His Giant Telescope. Whitman 1939 . Pages are very tight, my guess is, it has not been read.

Smitty, Soft cover, OW pages. Story begins on the 1st page. Looks like there is a tear on one inside page.Mesh is detached in the front. No number and a gouge (worm hole? ) in the bottom, I took a picture.

2 coverless books.

King of the Mounted Police, coverless and starts on page 14, (probably missing the 1st 2 pages) Very light pages.

Tracy, I don't ,know which one, first and last page are torn, but it looks complete and inside pages are very light.

:news:

Note on the 3D books there is a slight odor ...old comics and basements.

Sold

3D The House of Terror #1 Kubert and Baker art.

St John. Glasses are present but not attached.

Some dirt, slight rust on the bottom staple, does not show at the centerfold. Pages are very white. light stain on the bottom of the back cover, it's a nice copy is about Fine Condition. (6.0) OSG is $81 Bin is $60

3D%20the%20House%20of%20Terror_0001.jpg

3D%20the%20House%20of%20Terror_0002.jpg

3D Comics Vol 1 #2 Little Eva ,

St John, 1953. Glasses there, there not attached. Slight rust on the outside of the staples, the inside The bottom staple is pulled, ther is a rust mark from another book. Pages are very light. Color is great. There is some creasing at the top, a little spine wear. Grade is VG (4.0) maybe a little better. OSG in VG is $36, Bin is $20

little%20eva%20a.jpg

3D%20%20LIttle%20Eva_0002.jpg

3-D Comics Tor Vol 1 #2, St John.1953, very nice color, pages are in the white range. Date stamp, dirt on the back cover, there is an indentation from where the glasses were on the back and across the middle. Grade is VG or better. OSG is $24, Bin is $18

SOLD

3D%20%20%20TOR_0001.jpg

3D%20%20%20TOR_0002.jpg

Adventures in 3D Harvey, 1953, #1

Nice color and pages, glasses are there, but not attached. There is crayon on the #3, and there is crayon inside the front cover. There are 3 smallish tears on the back cover. Grade is Good + (2.5) or maybe a little better. OSG in VG is $28, bin is $10

3D%20%20%20jaguar_0001.jpg

3D%20%20%20jaguar_0002.jpg

Captain 3D Harvey 1953, Vol 1 #1, Nice color, nice OW pages, some creasing wear at the bottom, slight miscut, Bends near the spine front and back. It's a VG (4.0) or better. OSG is $24, bin is $18

Sold

captain%203d_0001.jpg

captain%203d_0002.jpg

Three Dimension Adventures Superman

Glasses are attached. There are two corner creases. Staples are dark and may have some rust on the outside, but are clean at the centerfold. Pages are in the white/ow range, great color. Grade is VG/F (5.0) OSG Fine is $309. Bin is $125 $98

superman%203d_0001.jpg

superman%203d_0002.jpg

Three Dimension Batman 3D

Glasses are there, but are not attached.

Crease lower right. Color is great, pages are very light. There is a crease lower right front and more creasing on the back cover. Grade is VG+ OSG in VG is $206, in Fine is $309 Bin is $75 Sold to Ingelsfan

batman%203d_0001.jpg

batman%203d_0002.jpg

That was the last book for tonight. I expect to get a few more boxes next week, but the next and probably last sale of Evelyn's books will be in early August.

Thank you all.

PMs on multiple books are welcome and I will deduct 3.5 % for anyone who wants to pay by check.

Three Dimension Batman 3D

Glasses are there, but are not attached.

Crease lower right. Color is great, pages are very light. There is a crease lower right front and more creasing on the back cover. Grade is VG+ OSG in VG is $206, in Fine is $309 Bin is $75

batman%203d_0001.jpg

batman%203d_0002.jpg

:takeit: