• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just how thoroughly can CGC check interiors?

41 posts in this topic

I got it!!! aware bullying!!

no

dang

I most confidently predict that within 3 years (maybe a lot sooner) you will have the highest post count on these forums. My concerns are that

a) your name is plastered over every thread every time I visit this forum

b) that you will have neglected to feed the hostages in the basement.

For God's sake try not to type every random thought that comes into your head because in the unlikely event that you say something interesting, I am going to miss it.

Well meant advice=Leave the house and enjoy your youth. :preach:

no

dang

I most confidently predict that within 3 years (maybe a lot sooner) you will have the highest post count on these forums. My concerns are that

For God's sake try not to type every random thought that comes into your head because in the unlikely event that you say something interesting, I am going to miss it.

Maybe check who the top posters are:

http://boardreader.com/site/www_collectors_society_com_17426.html

no

dang

It's right in front of you and is carefully constructed.

Ok let's see. We got 99 oh no guys running around in a square. We got Kav in the corner. Hmmm. 99 bottles of beer on the wall...we....are.....the 99%.....agent 99...... hm

no

dang

Ok let's see. We got 99 oh no guys running around in a square. We got Kav in the corner. Hmmm. 99 bottles of beer on the wall...we....are.....the 99%.....agent 99...... hm

He's got 99 problems and kav ain't one.

Nah, that CAN'T be it. lol

no
dang
He's got 99 problems and kav ain't one.Nah, that CAN'T be it. lol
Yup - NSFW

no

dang

Grading is an evaluation which is subjective to the actual person observing the book and placing judgement, so all of these 9.8's vs 9.6's vs 9.2's etc are simply "one man's opinion" and shouldn't be taken as rules and laws rather than general guidance.

no

dang

Play nice boys. We already had our flame war for the week.

This is the ultimate testhe haha

I'll be glad to put this to the test if people will throw some money in to help cover the costs. Say 15 of us throw in $10 each?

In the near future, all CGC graders will be equipped with AR (augmented reality) glasses so that while the grader does a page count, each interior page is perspective-matched against a big-data archive of every comic book ever published. A high-capacity CPU will immediately detect any variations between the database and the comic panels being observed, and a warning light will flicker in the grader's field of vision, followed by a linear highlight that explicitly displays the exact area of alteration or shading between the authenticated digital archive and the compromised physical page. Such advances in CGC grading methodology are made possible by machine-learning algorithms and multi-core processing so powerful it can fit the computing power that put a man on the moon into an area tinier than a pimple on the posterior of the runt in a litter of malnourished mole rats.

Which is gonna make it more epic when a 9.0 passes for a 9.8.

Technology, yes!

CGC graders accuracy and consistency, no...