• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,405 posts in this topic

Jack's back !!! in the Amazon no less -

1612460-Fight49JackisBack.jpg

ALL my experiments are truly fiendish.

and Uranium's never looked so good wink.gif

1612460-Fight49UraniumSplash.jpg

I'm surprised that you even noticed the uranium note next to that flowered sarong!

unless you fall into the pit of it crazy.gif -

1612460-Fight49UraniumPit.jpg

You have to store your uranium somewhere!

What the heck is that stiff blonde woman wearing? A giant flour sack?

Great stuff, Scrooge! Keep 'em flyin'!

Thanks,

Jack

I'll take that as you have the entire run. hail.gif

Ken

Not necessarily. A little of everything, a lot of nothing is my collecting motto.

I'm surprised that you even noticed the uranium note next to that flowered sarong!

gossip.gif He spent a lot of time studying.

bumpit.gif

After some of the posts in the General Forum, this board is in dire need of a little Love - (all Month books received this week yay.gif) -

1688059-RealLove45s.jpg

1688059-GirlsRomances13s.jpg

1688059-GirlsRomances13BCs.jpg

1688059-All-TrueRomance4s.jpg

and I did also score the last Charlton book I needed -

1688059-Lawbreakers5s.jpg

1688059-Lawbreakers5s.jpg.d516dda72e35ac0704ed1376640d4704.jpg

bumpit.gif

After some of the posts in the General Forum, this board is in dire need of a little Love - (all Month books received this week yay.gif) -

1688059-GirlsRomances13s.jpg

Every romance book you get at this point has got to be a tough, tough book to find.

Infantino, unless my eyes have failed me.

Every romance book you get at this point has got to be a tough, tough book to find.

Well, yes and no. Out of the group above, the toughest is the All True Romance from Artful. I can't recall having seen more than one before, if any. The DC like a lot of DCs from that period is uncommon but they show up regularly. The Real Love by Ace is a plentiful series (even though you're more likely to see the issues around this one for some reason). I simply never really looked for a copy until last week. There are 2 types of Romance books left on my want list: 1) the really hard-to-find kind and 2) the undervalued in Guide kind (read Baker covers / art). Overall, yes I'd agree with you: considering romance titles' low price point, if I don't have it, it's because I haven't run into it.

Strangely the guide lists Toth as the artist on that Girls' Romances but I've never been convinced by that idea, certainly not from the main figures. Looking at the faces in the background, maybe but there's still a nagging feeling.

bumpit.gif

October wanted to see a larger shot of this book thinking it was a Zeppelin cover. I apologize for the missing chip ... but it makes any copy affordable -

1724754-Airboy-Sept1949.jpg

Rocket ships are cooler than zeppelins! headbang.gif

Another bumpit.gif for a couple of scanned pages.

First as mentioned elsewhere a couple of Infantino splashes from Charlie Chan # 1 -

1727339-CharlieChan1Story2s.jpg

1727339-CharlieChan1Story3s.jpg

and then the splash and a page from the first story in Crimefighters # 2 - June 1948 from Timely / Atlas / Marvel. I don't about you but there seems to be a strong Johnny Craig quality to the art but I don't think he worked for them until the 60's. Whoever this is, it's pleasant. Notice on the page how the face are very much in the "Flash cover fashion" ...

1727339-CrimeFighters2Story1s.jpg

1727339-CrimeFighters2Story1Pages.jpg

1727339-CrimeFighters2Story1Pages.jpg.7d97253019cc06e1436025e4b941a450.jpg

Those Chan splashes are amazing, especially the Leopard Man!

Thanks, Scrooge!

Cool stuff - the Crimefighters story isn't as polished as Craig's stuff - but it is cool - what is up with the "geezer"?

As for the Charlie Chan splashes it looks like Infantino was really going for a "Kirby" look - to match the cover?

bumpit.gif

Another Airboy joined its brethren in the hangar - This one has one of the most bizarre Airboy stories around with flyind pyramids - Sounds like a bad issue of The Avengers in the 80's -

1777386-Airboy-Aug1952.jpg

1777386-Airboy-Aug1952.jpg.9df798afdbaab3fe50175f3fd229bdfd.jpg

That's a pretty weird gelatinous bug-eyed monster.

Here's a better Airboy cover and I think it is my 50th issue of Airboy yay.gif -

1810048-AirboyAug1949.jpg

A great title to pick up cheap - every time you post one it makes me want to start.

A great title to pick up cheap - every time you post one it makes me want to start.

Thanks Rjpb, what's not to like: an Airboy and a Heap story along with extras like the Cataline Revolt history by Alden McWilliams cool.gif -

1810480-AirboyAugust1949AlMcWilliamsCatalineRevolt.jpg

1810480-AirboyAugust1949AlMcWilliamsCatalineRevolt.jpg.fe9db69589937ea6d199b0c3e72ea447.jpg

Here's a better Airboy cover and I think it is my 50th issue of Airboy yay.gif -

Congrats. How many issues are there total? One of those titles with volume/number numbering and I'm too tired to add them up. About 100?

CHEMICAL GIANT?!?! What's his shtick? Any good chemistry tricks or mentions of specific elements by name?

Thanks,

Jack

1810048-AirboyAug1949.jpg