• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,427 posts in this topic

One more and I'll call it a night. I love this black cover...

FStuff44.jpg

These fit right in, JT! Love the expression on Frog. lol

Another favotite Atlas title...

JANN_15.jpg

Everett did some amazing work in the Atomic Age. I always resepect him as a vernerable GA artist, but since joining the boards and seeing stuff like this--and of course his horror covers--I've come to believe at his peak he was up there with just about anyone.

One of only two Frazetta stories that I own in this one. I like this Atomic weapon in the Old West cover! Seems pretty symbolic of the Atomic Age.

Durango.jpg

Everett did some amazing work in the Atomic Age. I always resepect him as a vernerable GA artist, but since joining the boards and seeing stuff like this--and of course his horror covers--I've come to believe at his peak he was up there with just about anyone.

(thumbs u

:gossip: His GA work, while different, is just as good.

Barney Baxter is a fun series to read. I only a have #1.

It really is amazing that DC only created one superhero in the Atomic Age (I guess maybe two if you include Martian Manhunter), and even this one is as much a sci-fi spaceman who happens to have super powers as he is a superhero.

This is the fifth appearance of Captain Comet, and the second story with Murphy Anderson doing the art. These early Strange Adventure issues are phenonmenal. This one has Anderson, Infantino, and Toth.

SA13.jpg

Barney Baxter?

Barker :blush:

Barney Baxter?

lol

Barney Barker? (shrug)

If you go to Metro's site, thier Barney Barker books are listed under "Barney Baxter".

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSearch.php?order=&sort=asc&pageNum=0&pageSize=50&aSearchPos=up&searchType=advanced&title=barney&issue=&search.x=0&search.y=0

Hmm. Is there some kind of AdamStrange / Metro connection?

As Artie Johnson used to say..."Veeeeery Interesting!"

Barney Baxter?

lol

Barney Barker? (shrug)

I was responding to AtlasFan's earlier post but didn't quote it.

Here are some super-nice copies of Atlas' SGT BARNEY BARKER...the Atlas answer to Sgt Bilko..great art by Severin.

Severin based the fast-talking Barker not only on Bilko, but on Stan Lee - who looks alot like the Sarge!

SGTBB_01a.jpg

SGTBB_03a.jpg

Anyone got a nice #2 ?

Psst..I am also looking for nice copies (F or better) of SAILOR SWEENEY 12-14...thanks,

Bill

Edited by adamstrange