• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC NG ComicConnect how much will it go for?

67 posts in this topic

I don't think it will hit $50K.

Or are more hoping it won't?

hahaha.

Good point, but I may already be out.

If it was just coverless, I could deal with it, but it is hard to drop that kind of cash on an incomplete book.

I don't think it will hit $50K.

Or are more hoping it won't?

hahaha.

Good point, but I may already be out.

If it was just coverless, I could deal with it, but it is hard to drop that kind of cash on an incomplete book.

I would simply be happy to own any Action #1 this may be your last chance to grab one at a much lower price (the new Overstreet guide is coming out soon and I will bet it will have gone up in every single grade again)....any way I do not want to pry on your bidding strategy for this book but I will say this good luck and I hope you end up getting it!! Owning one will at least get you in the game and say 10 years from now you are able to sell this one for a nice profit and then buy one with a cover you like. Leaving money in the bank will not grow as fast as a Action #1 in any grade.

I said I thought it would go between 30-35 but wouldn't be surprised if it hit 50 that was my first feeling beforethe auction started. A tec 27 missing the centerfold has been sitting on ebay for months at 33k.. not as nice PQ etc but still not missing any batman pages

Leaving money in the bank will not grow as fast as a Action #1 in any grade.

Could be, but the old sage goes something to the effect of, "profit is made when purchasing, and realized when selling".

Your suggestion will only work if the book can be bought at today's fair market value, perhaps as determined by level-headed investors. When you are competing against collectors, however, the emotion factor can get involved.

I said I thought it would go between 30-35 but wouldn't be surprised if it hit 50 that was my first feeling beforethe auction started. A tec 27 missing the centerfold has been sitting on ebay for months at 33k.. not as nice PQ etc but still not missing any batman pages

That Tec 27 is one gnarly looking book. Still, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't snapped it up despite all its problems.

The owner of the tec 27 on ebay won't negotiate a cent less on that book.

Link please would be appreciated!! I can't seem to find it on Ebay.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/201493532803

In this case I would prefer Action #1 I have no interest in buying books with brittle pages (I also refuse to buy any book with pages described with light tan) like that Tec 27 up on Ebay.

It was "recently" won at auction for around 23k if I remember correctly? Looking for a 10k profit. I thought he would have gotten that by now. I thought it was steal at auction Brittle pages on a label don't scare me in the least unless there are flakes in the case

It was "recently" won at auction for around 23k if I remember correctly? Looking for a 10k profit. I thought he would have gotten that by now. I thought it was steal at auction Brittle pages on a label don't scare me in the least unless there are flakes in the case

Your ''braver'' than I am no way would I buy a book like that!!

I can live with brittle pages on a tec 27 for sure.