• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negro Romances #4 VS Lawbreakers Suspense #11 :)

32 posts in this topic

LSS is a cooler more in demand book, but NR 4 you just never see available. One can probably wait for the right price condition scenario for LSS 11, probably not with NR.

so I am assuming no one that has posted so far has a copy...anyone know of anyone that frequents these boards that does own a copy? :) NR #4 of course

so I am assuming no one that has posted so far has a copy...anyone know of anyone that frequents these boards that does own a copy? :) NR #4 of course

I've got them both, including the 5.5 NR 4. I never post pics but will see what I can do over the long weekend. :wishluck:

Still the rescue :applause:

Tough book. I think CC auctioned the most recent copy ( a year or two ago?).

I think that may be the 5.0 on GPA that sold for $1,280.

I would be happy to pay that! :D

No, it was a raw beater copy that sold for $500 and change.

Underbidder! :hi::cry:

I looked through my CC bids and I did indeed bid on that copy. Not sure how high I went. It was a gnarly copy ... but it was a copy!

Found a 3/4 cover copy many years back. Former owner had upgraded and was kind enough to provide a color copy of the full cover of his new copy.

162854.jpg.9f43aa48f8c84a39e2c406e8a68a0003.jpg

162855.jpg.cd0493e98e26df17820590c00e5c6ebc.jpg

nicest one I've seen over the years :) lucky find indeed . Only 2 on the census, one poor and the other low grade and restores. I thought there was a mid-grade 5.0 at one time?

Fett has contributed greatly to the comic book digital archive "project". I figure he has uploaded about 800 or so issues since 2010 - accounting for maybe 25% or more of the whole Charlton repository.

Thank you Fett! (thumbs u

You're welcome. :) Well over 1400 Charltons published before 1960, and I only need around 100 more in paper to complete a paper collection. Hundreds of more Charltons scanned that just need to be edited then posted, so way more to come. Great scanning community over at DCM constantly provides scans of books lots of us would never be able to read otherwise. (worship) They have over the years become one of the great conveniences of the internet. Need to check to see how far away we are from having a COMPLETE 1950s of all publishers digitized, which was a goal talked about way way back in 2000. That still boggles my mind typing that.

Need to check to see how far away we are from having a COMPLETE 1950s of all publishers digitized, which was a goal talked about way way back in 2000.

Has anyone every collated the various publisher scan lists into an overview of the comic publishing industry? I realize it's a moving target, but I'll bet every book published since the 90s has been scanned. I wonder how much of the complete comic book industry output from, say, 1935-1995 has been scanned in one form or another. 80%? Higher?