• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20+ years from now?

12 posts in this topic

I have always wondered, "When will Bruce Wayne hang up the cape and cowl?" Now I realize that they could keep BW as the Batman for as long as the title is alive and running well, I mean he's been the Dark Knight since the early 40's(maybe even late 30's). So, will he always be the Batman, or will Grayson give up Night Wing in time to assume the mantle of the Bat? It seems like a natural progression, and perhaps one planned long, long ago-who knows. Also, would the DC biggies ever consider letting BW take a dip into Lazurus Pits to revitalize and aged BW? I think the history of Batman has proven he has the mental fortitude to withstand the Pit's making him somewhat whacko. I hope they keep BW as the Batman for the entire life of the title-whatever they have to do to make it feasible-if it ever came to that.

I actually think that'd be pretty cool of DG became Batman after a while. I mean, we have had 2 Flash's so far, and there's already a Kid Flash in the waiting. Sure, Batman and Superman are the franchise players of DC. It'd be interesting anyway, to give Batman a revamping if ever needed.

DC has tried to make Grayson Batman in the Prodigy storyline. I think the problem is everyone will always see Batman as Bruce Wayne so every time DC tries to tweek the character alla Knight Quest fans meet it with disdain.

Eric