• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The first ever comic you bought (have you still got it?)

36 posts in this topic

This is the first ever comic i bought. I was looking in an oxfam charity book shop and there was a comic box in the back corner. I had a rifle through them and found this little comic. Bought it for 20p. If i could go back i ntiem i would have bought all the comics frown.gif

12929019196.2.GIF

I don't know why i bought it. Nothing special.

What was the first comic you ever bought, where, when and why? (pictures please)

Liek i said it doesnt make sense. But then i found marvel and dc. I like image, top cow etc but Marvel and DC remain my two favourites. The only reason i actually still have that comic is because it was the first one i ever bought. confused-smiley-013.gif

Liek i said it doesnt make sense. But then i found marvel and dc. I like image, top cow etc but Marvel and DC remain my two favourites. The only reason i actually still have that comic is because it was the first one i ever bought. confused-smiley-013.gif

Fair enough...and now I'm off to watch Doctor Who.

Fair enough...and now I'm off to watch Doctor Who.

Doctor Who? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gif

What a crappy very first comic to own. 893whatthe.gif

The first one I ever read was a Marvel Tales issue reprinting ASM #43. But the first comic I ever bought on my own ... I was walking through an Osco Drug store with my mom, I think I was about 12, and saw X-Men #6 (the Jim Lee series) on the shelf. I said "Holy 893censored-thumb.gif there's a new X-Men series?"

And that was that. I found the nearest comic shop, bought back issues of #1-5 for prices that were way to high, and subscribed to the series for two years. Now I'm trying to catch up on the entire run. Nearly complete. thumbsup2.gif

Back in those days (early 90's) the only series I read religiously were X-Men and Spawn. I may have picked up the occasional ASM back then, or picked up #1's and #0's by speculation. Those days are gone and I have found the joy in other characters like DC books, Cap, and Iron Man.

Here is mine. Carl Barks story. headbang.gif

donald.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hehe awesome. You should get it cgc'd for sentimentil value. I was thinking of doign that with mine. But seriously....it's that [#@$%!!!] 27_laughing.gif

wolverine #50 signed by stan lee with COA, but i didn't really buy that, it was a birthday present from my uncle, so first one i bought, wolverine #50 and 51 same day heh, don't own either, they were in a long box full of 80's stuff mostly and my house was burglarized when i was 12 or so i am pretty sure.

UXM #172...yes

The first hazy memories of comics for me are a Silver Age Batman with Bats and Robin in some kind of drowning trap, and also the B&B Batman/Flash issue by Adams. I also have a pic of me when I was around four years old with a goofy grin, holding a copy of a late SA Justice League.