• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do with books/art that aren't worth anything?

29 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get out of comics altogether, but my collection consists of tpb's that no one wants, art of a mid-tier popularity character and some sketch covers of the same. How can I get rid of it without simply giving it all away? I live in the UK so selling to the US or Canada is going to be too expensive shipping wise to make sense. I'm the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person who pays stupid cash to get worthless things... Is Amazon a good option? The local comic shops wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten metre pole. I don't think a children's hospital type deal would work as the comics aren't kid friendly. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,

James

I'm looking to get out of comics altogether, but my collection consists of tpb's that no one wants, art of a mid-tier popularity character and some sketch covers of the same. How can I get rid of it without simply giving it all away? I live in the UK so selling to the US or Canada is going to be too expensive shipping wise to make sense. I'm the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person who pays stupid cash to get worthless things... Is Amazon a good option? The local comic shops wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten metre pole. I don't think a children's hospital type deal would work as the comics aren't kid friendly. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,

James

You could donate the books to a library.

What's the "mid-tier popularity character"?

I found an ad on CL posted by teacher who had started a comic book club for kids in my area looking for donations. I was able to donate 15 short boxes of low value books for the cause.

Made me feel good and cleared up space and more importantly the kids were excited to get so so many comics. As a thank you they made me a card and each draw a picture of a their favorite superhero.

The card is right up there in sentimental value with my most prized books.

Thanks,

James

Kitty Pryde.

Thanks,

James

Kitty Pryde.

I accept Kitty Pryde donations!!!! What do you have OA wise for her?

Honestly James,

considered your tastes, I doubt that your comics (and your art) fit the description of mediocrity you’ve provided.

Maybe you could try to organize yourself and sell, little by little, on eBay.co.uk as suggested, the more interesting and/or valuable stuff and the art, and then maybe put an ad here on the boards for european boardies which could be interested to get the rest for cheap or for free. :)

Thanks,

James

Kitty Pryde.

I accept Kitty Pryde donations!!!! What do you have OA wise for her?

Stuff that cost me the better part of a grand and a half... ;)

I've donated a few boxes of books to a few programs - they were then distributed to children and deployed soldiers. A LCS took part in the program so it was easy, I just drove them over and dropped them off, I don't know that this sort of thing is an available option for you.

If I bought something that I didn't really think out at the time (as in, asking myself "If I buy this now, can I recoup my investment in it later?") and I feel that now is the time it has to go... I put it on eBay a few times, starting with what I think is the best realistic price, and then slowing paring it down. If it doesn't sell as a BIN... I put it up for auction and take my haircut.

Q: What do you do with books/art that aren't worth anything?

A: Wait.

+1 Will eventually be worth something to someone. Everything is.

If Buzzetta can sell used shoes on eBay, then even my 90's drek will be worth something one day