• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do with books/art that aren't worth anything?

29 posts in this topic

perhaps it is a matter of perspective -- meaning that at some point, something you thought was worthwhile was soured by what seems like the opinions of others.

The phrase "collect what you like" came to mind while reading your post. While you may not be into those books right now-- I would sit on them for a while unless they are a real pain to store somewhere in your house. There are countless posts on this site about people wishing they had held on to books that they let go and then had to go back to reacquire them.

Little or no market for your items? That doesn't mean they are necessarily worthless. They may just be underappreciated. My bronze age books from when I was a kid were considered a dime a dozen back in the early eighties. Thankfully I hung on to them all these years so I can go back and appreciate them when I want.

My advice-- Hang on to them and revisit the subject in 5 years.

I know this is not what you're really talking about but I took a few of mine and did an art project with them.

5A6F4A14-EF2E-4457-AB37-5DEA07B82DB7_zpsgvror1qf.jpg

1ADC15BB-F1EF-42DB-B687-CB2A6F9FA346_zps35ugqizy.jpg

That's really cool! :) I don't know if I could do that to my books though... I think I'll sell to my fellow UK boardies and Amazon/eBay UK the rest.

Thanks,

James

I usually put them up for free (with other purchase) in my VCC and other sale threads.

Sometimes, I just throw them away or run them through recycling.

I found an ad on CL posted by teacher who had started a comic book club for kids in my area looking for donations. I was able to donate 15 short boxes of low value books for the cause.

Made me feel good and cleared up space and more importantly the kids were excited to get so so many comics. As a thank you they made me a card and each draw a picture of a their favorite superhero.

The card is right up there in sentimental value with my most prized books.

#respect