• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover preference - FF46 or FF59

27 posts in this topic

I know that one of the issues is worth close to 4x as much as the other, but let's throw that (and anything to do with the inside) out the window and simply base your decision on the cover art.

They are very similar covers.First of all, both focus on Black Bolt ... he's displayed prominently in the center of the cover in a dramatic pose. They both have smaller vignettes of other characters. Both were drawn by Kirby. One cover is mainly red, while the other is yellow.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to make a poll or I would have.

FF46_zpsyrodu2nu.jpg

FF59_zpsevmvhijv.jpg

Even though I kinda prefer red covers over yellow ones, I like the way 59 isn't solid yellow...it has all those black lines thru the yellow.

And, IMO, Black Bolt's face is too cartoon-ish on 46.

Plus, I prefer the coloring for the title on 59 - "Fantastic Four", I just like the blue/red over the black/white.

I like them both....... but prefer 59 I think.......although it may be the most common due to warehouse finds, it really is well done. It may actually be one of my favorite FF covers period. Kirby and Sinnott were at their peak then. I've heard that Kirby thought Royer was his best inker, but Sinnott, a very good artist in his own right, added that softer, more realistic aura to Jack's work that I prefer. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Both good, but I’ll go for 59.

Better composition, figurework, facial expressions. and more energetic.

The Thing and Karnak have strange, glassy stares on 46’s cover.

Both good, but I’ll go for 59.

Better composition, figurework, facial expressions. and more energetic.

The Thing and Karnak have strange, glassy stares on 46’s cover.

.... one thing about 59 that appeals to me is that the figures of Thing and Mister Fantastic both went on to become somewhat classic, iconic poses..... posters, etc..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u