• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niagara Falls Comic Con "NFCC" (Canada) June 3, 4, 5, 2016

38 posts in this topic

This con is more of a celebrity show, with very few comic guests. They seemed to have shrank down the artist alley quite a bit.

Agreed..i remember the first couple years that whole celeb section was artists...

Fun show. As usual, I bought more than I sold. Here's my haul:

ncf3.JPG

FF#48, 7.5

FF#49, 6.0

MP#15, 8.5

FF#52, 7.5

FF#52, 8.0

Thor#165, 8.0

GSX#1, 9.0

X#94, 8.5

Av#1, 4.5

ncf4.JPG

Some funky treasuries + Savage Sword #1

ncf2.JPG

Some Lois bondage covers.

Surfer #17 for my run.

Some nice World Finest 100 pagers.

Sandman #1.

X Annual #4.

Superboy with Legion #147.

Spectacular #9, White Tiger.

ncf1.JPG

FF#45

BA#28

Suicide Squad#1

FF#74

MSpotlight#5

XAnn#14

Spectacular#27

WD Compendium #3

Reputable sellers offered great value. The price was fair and the books were in surprisingly nice condition. Books I bought from people I didn't know were disappointing. All the books had "hidden" problems that I feel should have been disclosed. I'll have to remind myself to open each bag with dealers who I'm not familiar with.

A bunch of us from my little area had stuff stolen off our tables. I feel so violated... and not in a good way.

Speaking of violated... did anyone else notice the girl dress up as Lara Croft?!? **drool**

Let's do it again at TCBS next week! Someone please invite Miss Lara Croft.

:eek:

My thoughts:

After lugging 130 long boxes from hamilton to the truck to the con to the truck and back to hamilton I was tired...I'm way too old for this lol I didn't get to walk the room as much as I like (I seldom do when setting up). We had guys building piles and piles from our $1 bins, we had vendors buying up run stock for their "non" $1 bins from our $1 bins. We met some awesome guys (who aren't on the boards to my knowledge but hopefully stay in touch with). Andy is a shark when it comes to Pac-Man related games. I guess I have a year to get better at Pac-Man Jr so I don't look like a fool when we play. Met a few new boardies :hi: and bumped into some that you know are coming down. There was a lot of USA individuals that made the trip across the river and some had money to spend (likely cause its basically a 30% discount on the smaller stuff) getting 100 books for only 70$

I love the little ones dressed up...the cuter they are the more baby fever my wife gets so I have to distract her when they are coming by...see below:

bise29.jpg

Overall from my perspective I thought the con was great and it has really improved from 3 years ago in terms of buyers...that said I heard a lot of other comic vendors...ones I choose not to death with for a number of reasons complaining that they didn't sell books...I mean how come your raw NM98 didn't sell at $800 ($600 change USD)