• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy: Poll 5: 19th - 21st

Silver Age Hierarchy - 19th to 21st  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Silver Age Hierarchy - 19th to 21st

75 posts in this topic

All,

The 22nd to 24th poll has ended with the following results:

22nd = FF#4 and Sgt Fury #1

24th ASM #3

25th JIM #85

26th Flash #105

27th Tec #225

28th= FF #52 and Green Lantern #1

30th X-Men #4

3 votes this time to determine which books are 19th, 20th and 21st

Please vote for the least important books.

Poll ends June 7th.

I voted:

Action #252

OOAW #83

Strange Tales #110

The first two should come as no surprise from the last vote.

Strange Tales #110 not as important to me as any of the remaining others.

ASM 1, OAAW 83, and TTA 27 for me..... it's getting tougher now. Since "Hierarchy" is the criteria, I'm trying to rise above my own personal taste and consider impact on the hobby as a whole..... OAAW 83 was the hardest choice. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM 1, OAAW 83, and TTA 27 for me..... it's getting tougher now. Since "Hierarchy" is the criteria, I'm trying to rise above my own personal taste and consider impact on the hobby as a whole..... OAAW 83 was the hardest choice. GOD BLESS...

ASM 1 & OAAW 83, & TTA 27 over ASM 14 and FF 48?

jimbo- ASM 14 had a greater impact on the history of the comic book more than these guys? The first issue of one of the greatest runs in the history of Comics? The Superman 1 of the Silver Age? The greatest war comics creation and cornerstone of DC's Big 5 war books? The biggest Marvel Pre-Hero key ever?

Less significant than the first appearance of one of Spidey's Sinister 6? Sure, the Goblin is arguably Spidey's greatest villain - exclusively in Spidey's comics- but beyond that? A villain of Doom's status? Galactus? Thanos? One with an impact on the entire Marvel Universe?

I voted:

Action #252

OOAW #83

Strange Tales #110

The first two should come as no surprise from the last vote.

Strange Tales #110 not as important to me as any of the remaining others.

Went with...

ACTION 252

OAAW 83

TTA 27

ST 110 will be in the next batch...

ASM 14 is teetering on the brink for me, but first Surfer ?....... that is one popular character. The ASM 1, due to JJJ's intro was tough, but I don't give much weight to the beginning of a character's title..... I would vote for many GA books above Superman 1...... I don't give cred to redundancy(fom a hierarchal standpoint...)...... now AF 15 ? It won't be receiving a vote from me...... even though, as a reader, I much prefer ASM 1. As for TTA 27, I love the monster books, and always liked Antman, just don't see him anywhere other than the bottom of this list. Too many books that are just far more significant to me on the list. It is going to be difficult as the poll progresses. GOD BLESS...

ASM 14 is teetering on the brink for me, but first Surfer ?....... that is one popular character. The ASM 1, due to JJJ's intro was tough, but I don't give much weight to the beginning of a character's title..... I would vote for many GA books above Superman 1...... I don't give cred to redundancy(fom a hierarchal standpoint...)...... now AF 15 ? It won't be receiving a vote from me...... even though, as a reader, I much prefer ASM 1. As for TTA 27, I love the monster books, and always liked Antman, just don't see him anywhere other than the bottom of this list. Too many books that are just far more significant to me on the list. It is going to be difficult as the poll progresses. GOD BLESS...

Superman 1 as the first superhero number one issue? First issue of an exclusive superhero titled run? I think you're underscoring the importance of Spidey 1- along with DD 1- the only Marvel solo superhero titles outside the anthologies that had consistent runs throughout the entire SA. Even Hulk couldn't manage that. Thor had to wait until issue 126.

In terms of Ant-Man- have to look at Hank Pym's role throughout the SA. That's what makes him special.

Surfer is a personal favorite but a '66 key had it much easier than those breaking out during the early critical years. The foundation was already there for FF 48...

Still, I can see your point jimbo (thumbs u

I personally don't see why so many are dumping AC 252 (shrug) ........and I know I'm in the minority, but Superman 1 wouldn't make MY top 10...... it's a reprint book. Now, Batman 1, that's another story :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Why you all vote of Sgt Fury #1 which also includes the key first appearance of Percy Percival -- master of the bumbershoot !!

Percy was a replacement for the much missed Junior Juniper.

Lookin' at #8, there.

BTW, Junior is the only SA Marvel character that I think has stayed dead!

ASM #14, just not nearly as important as the others. A very easy pick. Seems like we have a lot of Spider-man fans around here for this and ASM #3 to last so long.

After that, I think it's starting to get legitimately hard.

I went with ASM #1, since unlike everything else left on the list it's not a first appearance (well, except Chameleon I guess). And I reluctantly voted for FF #48, because it's just not nearly as hard to find as the others thanks to its release date.