• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vintage lunch box's

37 posts in this topic

That Sooby is a great score at $5.00!

I found this one at a yard sale last weekend. It had small motorcycle parts inside it but the guy sold just the box to me for $5. It's not in the best condition but I really didn't care, I just like Scooby-Doo.

20160616_184736-1_zpsvwj9xk96.jpg

Here's another cool Lunch box. Fireball XL5 from 1964. It's got art by Wally Wood of EC fame!

lunchboxfireballxl5a_zpsizluhoph.jpg

lunchboxfireballxl5b_zpsjpuzil68.jpg

That's pretty sweet :applause:

I didn't know WW did the artwork for it till now. That makes it even better. Jack Davis (also of EC and MAD fame....and a million other things) did the artwork for the Man from UNCLE box I have.

Does anyone here actually own an original Jetsons dome box ?? :luhv:

If you are ever in St. Louis, Joe Edwards, the owner of Blueberry Hill in the University City Loop, has an incredible collection of vintage lunch boxes. Maybe the best in the country. Among other pop culture memorabilia. He may even have comics, it has been some time since I have been in there.

http://blueberryhill.com/blueberryhill-gallery/

He's the guy on the left in the picture. Don't let the pony tail fool you, he owns about half of the real estate up and down the Loop.

If you are ever in St. Louis, Joe Edwards, the owner of Blueberry Hill in the University City Loop, has an incredible collection of vintage lunch boxes. Maybe the best in the country. Among other pop culture memorabilia. He may even have comics, it has been some time since I have been in there.

http://blueberryhill.com/blueberryhill-gallery/

He's the guy on the left in the picture. Don't let the pony tail fool you, he owns about half of the real estate up and down the Loop.

He has comics. In a glass case on the wall. With pins to mount them. In the path of a bright sun. It's a crime.

Here's another cool Lunch box. Fireball XL5 from 1964. It's got art by Wally Wood of EC fame!

lunchboxfireballxl5a_zpsizluhoph.jpg

lunchboxfireballxl5b_zpsjpuzil68.jpg

That's pretty sweet :applause:

I didn't know WW did the artwork for it till now. That makes it even better. Jack Davis (also of EC and MAD fame....and a million other things) did the artwork for the Man from UNCLE box I have.

Does anyone here actually own an original Jetsons dome box ?? :luhv:

Here's the Man From Uncle with Jack Davis art. I used to have a Jetsons dome but it's gone on to a new owner now...

lunchboxuncle1_zpskbiujhve.jpg

lunchboxuncle2_zpsouihcsmc.jpg

Is there OA for these lunch boxes?

Very rare, but they do show up occasionally in auctions.

Back in 2008, Heritage got their hands on some art.

The highest priced piece was the art to the Super Friends box that went for a little over $1,900. Most other cover art was well under $1,000.

Interestingly, one of the more famous lunch box artists was a guy named Elmer Lehnhardt, who worked for one of the big two lunch box makers - Aladdin.

If you run across a Land of Giants box, the bespectacled gentlemen giant portrayed on the box is no less than Elmer himself! (a self portrait!)