• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Comic Buyers-What response would you give? With Link.

13 posts in this topic

Inquired about a comic & recieved this.......

You asked:

"you have another scan close up where I can see the whole book? Thanks"

I would but it would be kind of moot now. A friend of mine in Florida just made me an offer I can't refuse for the comic, and I'm ending the auction. I will have another subscription copy of 118 in the VF range listed in the next couple of days if you're still looking. Since there were no bids, and my buddy's offer was so generous, I had no choice. Better luck next time.

Christo_pull_hair.gifLink

doesnt sound like there is anyhting to be really sore about. I cant tell whether you are ticked off or not, so I dont want that to come across bad. Ebay might have a problem with him doing that, though i dont know their policy.

Oh, I'm not sore, grin.gif I suppose I read into things too much, but don't you think it would be funny if the header read "HEY DUMMY"..........a simple "It's sold" would suffice. popcorn.gif The better luck next time bit really gets me ..... insane.gif

Oh, I'm not sore, grin.gif I suppose I read into things too much, but don't you think it would be funny if the header read "HEY DUMMY"..........a simple "It's sold" would suffice. popcorn.gif The better luck next time bit really gets me ..... insane.gif

It's easy to get a wrong "impression" when communicating via email....so I wouldn't read too much into his comment. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it.

Probably a bad choice of wording. flowerred.gif Try and win the next one, even though im like you, it would have sat in my craw wrong as well.

A friend of mine in Florida just made me an offer I can't refuse for the comic, and I'm ending the auction

.... Since there were no bids, and my buddy's offer was so generous, I had no choice.

It irks me when a legitimate auction is ended early for no justified reason. "I had no choice" foreheadslap.gif

I usually put in my bids at the last minute so the seller could have let his auction run its course.

He could have put a reserve, if he wanted a minimum bid. It sounds like another seller trying to

circumvent paying ebay fees. sumo.gif

A friend of mine in Florida just made me an offer I can't refuse for the comic, and I'm ending the auction

.... Since there were no bids, and my buddy's offer was so generous, I had no choice.

It irks me when a legitimate auction is ended early for no justified reason. "I had no choice" foreheadslap.gif

I usually put in my bids at the last minute so the seller could have let his auction run its course.

He could have put a reserve, if he wanted a minimum bid. It sounds like another seller trying to

I'd do it too. If I was selling something on ebay, and one of you from the boards offered me a great price, I'd end the auction early and say "SOLD" too.

Next time post a link to the auction, and/or a scan of the book if it's not still available via the auction link.

Anytime I hear "VF" and "subscription copy" in the same sentence, I get nervous. If it's a sub copy that was folded for mailing purposes, it's very unlikely it's in VF. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

I personally have no problem pulling an auction early to sell privately if there are no bidders and I get a good offer. I wont however do it when there are bidders.