• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who the heck are these guys?

33 posts in this topic

That mostly looks like a click per pay ad for a website than an actual grading company.

I'd like to know what kind of Dr. the head grader is.

I'd like to know what kind of Dr. the head grader is.

His and the company's comic book credentials are what's important to me.

He has a large collection of comics, which includes many of the big ones...

He would get catalogs from Howard Rogofsky, Claude Held and Robert Bell, all from New York...

We will grade restored comics if you can supply us with a copy of the restoration paperwork so we can be sure of what all was done.

That's good enough for me. :cloud9:

lol It was a funny statement.

I know right? Totally a legit business. Everyone should drop CGC and Voldy and go to them.

They are in the midwest. It's wholesome. The primary grader is a Dr.

Who isn't more trustworthy than a Dr?

We will grade restored comics if you can supply us with a copy of the restoration paperwork so we can be sure of what all was done.

That is, we can't detect restoration. Confidence inspiring.

Please send your slabbed books so we'll know what grade they are then we'll grade em for you.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

But who are Midwest Comic Grading?

http://www.midwestcomicgrading.com/index.html

Color me freaked out! Chickasha, Oklahoma was originally my home town. :o

Freakier still, I may know the founders of Midwest Comic Grading having grown up collecting comics in the same town. The Holcombs were friends way back in the SA. Jon Holcomb was a buddy of mine from High School days. Randy Holcomb was his younger brother (looking further into the site, I'm wondering if "Randy" is the contact email).

I can't say anything positive about the look of their product, but being a curious Cat, now I've got to investigate these guys. hm

Be interested in knowing how they arrive in getting such grade numbers like 7.55, 8.4, or 8.7? Do they have a team of graders and do a batting average out of their grading?

A better question... Is that allowed here in a CGC forum? hm

Is that the term now? "Grooming"? And for about the cost of a large soda. :D

"Grooming with GRADING: Clean, press, and correction of spine roll (all three included):

GOLDEN: $3.50/BOOK, SILVER: $2.50/BOOK, OTHERS: $1.50/BOOK"

5582368_orig.jpg