• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

DC made hardcovers of several of the Famous First Editions. Action 1, Detective 27, and a couple of others.

I actually have a few of those hardcover reprints. Been trying to figure out if they were worth anything or not. They were in with the 387 tons of books that my grandmother left behind, I figured they had minimal value. I'll have to see which ones I have when I get home.

3 hours ago, bellrules said:

Famous First Edition Slipcase Edition, signed and numbered by Siegel and Shuster back in the 70's. It was the regular, softcover version of the book, came in a silver cardboard slipcase and they were signed and and numbered inside the second cover. 

IMG_2273.GIF

IMG_2274.GIF

Thanks for throwing that up, never knew it existed. Very cool item.

3 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

OMG those look beautiful! When did they come out? I never knew they even existed. What are they worth? Do they have dust jackets?

As far as I know they were printed when the original Famous First Editions were printed. 

Yes, they have dust jackets 

I have no idea what they are worth now. A friend bought me the Whiz years ago, I had never seen one before and I got hooked. 

Edited by skypinkblu

I love the treasuries.  I have a high grade run of the Marvels.  Death to Antifa.  I have a few of DC's but for some reason I just never felt any want to complete that run.  I guess I'm just a Marvel guy.

17 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Here are the ones I have (I stuck with the round, black table motif)....

IMG_2797 (1).jpg

IMG_2796 (1).jpg

DANG YOU! Now I have to get these! They look fantastic in hardback form. I wonder what the print run on those are? Better check the BAY.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks!

Here are my Rudolphs.

I've been sorting treasuries this week, I finally got new bags and boards for them.20170530_140436.thumb.jpg.24f5bab0f0a5eabf10f70165b78c41bd.jpg

Love these, tough to find in nice shape as are the Laffalympics, Flintstones and the Yogi one.

On June 2, 2017 at 11:33 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Hey a new list!

My guess, just for giggles:

1. The 1/5000 signed Superman vs. Spider-Man limited, signed by Lee and Infantino.
2. The hardback Action 1.
3. The hardback Detective 27.
4. The Whitman Superman vs. Ali
5. Superman vs. Ali

and wow, Treasuries are popping on eBay. 

Those graded copies are selling for :whatthe:

13 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks!

Here are my Rudolphs.

I've been sorting treasuries this week, I finally got new bags and boards for them.20170530_140436.thumb.jpg.24f5bab0f0a5eabf10f70165b78c41bd.jpg

Those are cool! I forgot how many there are, they look great in a group shot.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:51 PM, wormboy said:

Those are cool! I forgot how many there are, they look great in a group shot.

That's all 7 of the Treasury Rudolph issues.

As far as I know, there are 22 Rudolph issues:  1 Montgomery Ward giveaway (which comes in several variations); 13 DC issues from the 50's and early 60's (the last of which is a Giant Annual); 7 Treasuries, and 1 Digest.  The last 5 Treasuries and the digest all have Sheldon Mayer artwork.

Not the easiest run to put together, but far from impossible as long as you're not super-picky about grade.

7 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

That's all 7 of the Treasury Rudolph issues.

As far as I know, there are 22 Rudolph issues:  1 Montgomery Ward giveaway (which comes in several variations); 13 DC issues from the 50's and early 60's (the last of which is a Giant Annual); 7 Treasuries, and 1 Digest.  The last 5 Treasuries and the digest all have Sheldon Mayer artwork.

Not the easiest run to put together, but far from impossible as long as you're not super-picky about grade.

If it was "impossible, I sure wouldn't have them;) but at the time that I completed them, it was only because Greggy helped me with the last one (the first issue). Without him, I would not have completed them.

Now of course I saw one on eBay fairly cheap the other day;)

14 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

If it was "impossible, I sure wouldn't have them;) but at the time that I completed them, it was only because Greggy helped me with the last one (the first issue). Without him, I would not have completed them.

Now of course I saw one on eBay fairly cheap the other day;)

I would say, at a minimum, the Montgomery Ward issue and the Giant Annual are notably harder to find than the 1st Treasury issue. 

8 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I would say, at a minimum, the Montgomery Ward issue and the Giant Annual are notably harder to find than the 1st Treasury issue. 

Are those treasury size? I'm a little confused, I thought we were only doing Treasury books here. If I've missed some, I'll have to either sell mine, or start shopping again;)