• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Introduces New Stan Lee Label

36 posts in this topic

From the email:

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) and Stan Lee Collectibles have collaborated to create two new Stan Lee labels! The labels include a reproduction of a Stan Lee head sketch by J. Scott Campbell along with Stan Lee's signature in either silver or red. The Silver Signature Labels can be purchased for any book that is signed by Stan Lee from CGC. The Red Signature Label will be exclusively available through Stan Lee Labels.

The first chance to get the Stan Lee labels is at the Denver Comic Con June 17-19, 2015. Anastasia's Collectibles and NY Comics will be on site at the show and will be taking in submissions for the special Stan Lee label.

The label price is $5.00 over the chosen tier of grading service.

Please contact Brittany McManus at bmcmanus@cgccomics.com for additional information on these exciting new labels.

Stan%20Lee%20label_zpsvnbx3cke.jpg

From the email:

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) and Stan Lee Collectibles have collaborated to create two new Stan Lee labels! The labels include a reproduction of a Stan Lee head sketch by J. Scott Campbell along with Stan Lee's signature in either silver or red. The Silver Signature Labels can be purchased for any book that is signed by Stan Lee from CGC. The Red Signature Label will be exclusively available through Stan Lee Labels.

The first chance to get the Stan Lee labels is at the Denver Comic Con June 17-19, 2015. Anastasia's Collectibles and NY Comics will be on site at the show and will be taking in submissions for the special Stan Lee label.

The label price is $5.00 over the chosen tier of grading service.

Please contact Brittany McManus at bmcmanus@cgccomics.com for additional information on these exciting new labels.

:sick:

As someone with a few Stan Lee signed books (see sig line) I think having Stan's sig on the label, might "stand out more" than the actual sig on the book and will detract from having his 'real' signature. Not sure how I feel about the floating head.

2c

The OP is mistaken, this announcement is over a year old.

"The first chance to get the Stan Lee labels is at the Denver Comic Con June 17-19, 2015."

Wrong. That's a typo in the email announcement from CGC. The date of the Denver con is June 17-19, 2016

Easily verified by a simple google search.

That may be, but truthfully I deleted it. I got an email about coins yesterday, and the announcement about the labels today. Amazing that with their strumming pattern of emails, there hasn't been a single alert about the new cases.

I just finished pointing out the problem with the new cases to someone on Facebook who had no clue this is even going on, which is itself hard to do when the boards keep deleting threads and posts that are just helping raise awareness.

The OP is mistaken, this announcement is over a year old.

"The first chance to get the Stan Lee labels is at the Denver Comic Con June 17-19, 2015."

Except the emails from CGC, and the labels, just came out.