• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ebay seller may be a con-artist

255 posts in this topic

So CBCS seems to have slabbed one of his scam books without catching it-any comments on that?

I held my tongue. I didn't want to chance this thread getting poofed.

Yup. That's why I posted the link of the sold slab. They clearly missed the fake attachments.

Also, I too agree that the deleted posts shouldn't of been deleted. It added to this man's moral fiber, or lack of.

Please open your eyes...follow those things that are called WORDS, put them together one right after another, and it will ALL MAKE SENSE. It's called READING POSTS BEFORE YOU POST.

For clarity, can you explain what CAK missed and apparently didn't read?

You can see from the interior pics he provided how easy it is to tell re attached staples. There's always 'fluffing' around the staple hole and the prongs never go back down correctly. If you keep trying, then they get a tell tale dent. You are pushing a tiny wire through multiple pages that are never lined up exactly and are moving as you do it. When you push the prong down lateral roll occurs causing more staple hole damage.

Please open your eyes...follow those things that are called WORDS, put them together one right after another, and it will ALL MAKE SENSE. It's called READING POSTS BEFORE YOU POST.

lol Why didn't you?

Oh, because its a royal pain in the bee and nobody should have to anyway.

Did the guy just come back and explode when he saw all the posts or did someone corner him and cause him to come up with the 'friend' alibi?

lol Why didn't you?

not helpful

lol Why didn't you?

not helpful

Glad you noticed

I am not sure he realizes the extent of the amount problems he is about to have.

Either give the guy doing it or start really looking over your shoulder for the amount of fraud you have committed.

Id like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it called right earlier when they mentioned he got books past grading companies plural.

Dude your life is about to become very complicated.

Again OP (worship)

Did the guy just come back and explode when he saw all the posts or did someone corner him and cause him to come up with the 'friend' alibi?

Kav, you mean a board member played this scam?

So CBCS seems to have slabbed one of his scam books without catching it-any comments on that?

So did CGC

You beat me to it. :)

Based on what I have read I have little doubt this Munkalunk character took part in creating those "Frankstein" books. Thank you to all of you who took the time to out this apparent con artist (worship)

But one thing to consider before throwing any of the grading companies under the bus. Maybe, just maybe this Munkalunk character bought those slabbed books already slabbed and he is merely re-selling them. Just because he is selling those slabs does not prove he submitted them.

Therefore, while unlikely, this does not prove either of the grading companies missed these, they may well be legitimate printing errors that where slabbed.

He did mention he liked odd items like double and triple cover books in one of his posts. Perhaps this is even where he got the idea to create the raw double, triple or quadruple covers he was selling?