• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ebay seller may be a con-artist

255 posts in this topic

I never saw one person sells many books with double/triple covers in my whole life.

You know modern comic books are inexpensive so you can buy three to six copies for few bucks. Convert them with double or triple covers. I thought about it but it is against my integrity.

Please take a look at the seller's books then sold items. So far his feedback is 100% but I don't know if those buyers will send them to CGC or other company. I really hope the red flags will raise on this seller.

Take a look at this with your own judgement (I think he may be a con-artist): Mulitipe books with double/triple covers

My concern is the fact they are all raw. Why didn't he cgc them? You're talking 28 bucks a piece or less. The return would be huge on a 9.6/9.8 which they should be since they are modern.

My concern is the fact they are all raw. Why didn't he cgc them? You're talking 28 bucks a piece or less. The return would be huge on a 9.6/9.8 which they should be since they are modern.

Exactly !

99% of bounded have tight staples. I say 99% cause 100% is too accurate.

Staples from printed books almost lay flat against the bind.

But most recent books, staples look like this.

Maybe I'm wrong and this guy hit the DEALER jackpot for triple covers, but there's too much suspicion for me.

20160618_210943_zpsbjlzj8c3.jpg

20160618_211004_zpswmmfdpji.jpg

Older 90s book

20160618_211036_zpsvjp2mvxq.jpg