• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL PRICE DROPS Scarce '50's Archie Titles

29 posts in this topic

Hello,

Listing some nice, scarce Archie books today. First :takeit: in the thread wins the book over any PM negotiations. Shipping in the U.S. is $7.00 for 1-3 books and $10.00 for 4 or more sent priority mail. Shipping outside the U.S. will be at cost. I accept personal checks and PayPal. You may return books within 7 days but you pay for return shipping cost. Thanks for looking.

Ken

Archie 67 5.0 ow/white. Exceptionally bright and glossy. A few tiny (1/8") bug chew holes on the spine, very thin line of staining at the bottom edge visible in back cover photo. Nice eye appeal for the grade. Was $60. NOW $48. SOLD!

image.jpg1_zps41egteic.jpg

image.jpg2_zps0nklxhjo.jpg

Archie 77 7.0 ow/white. Bright, flat, and glossy. Slight foxing or something on back cover, does not show on interior. I don't mind keeping this one. A 7.0 sold three years ago for $160.

Was $150. NOW $110. SOLD!

image.jpg3_zpsyb9ri60a.jpg

image.jpg4_zpstcwsgm5q.jpg

Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 16 7.5 c/ow but very supple. Flat, clean, and bright. Some foxing on the book brings the grade down, otherwise I would say 8.5. Fantastic cover on this scarce book. A 8.5 sold 4 years ago for $478. Was $350. NOW $270 SOLD

image.jpg1_zpsakn8smr6.jpg

image.jpg2_zpspshqrve5.jpg

Laugh Comics 49 7.0 white. Exceptional color. Slight speckling that can only be seen in a certain light. I have seen this on books before but it is not staining and does not show on the interior. Grease pencil on cover. Newstand fresh copy. No GPA sales. $125. SOLD

image.jpg1_zpszhp6nmsa.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsiwuxnz3q.jpg

Laugh Comics 66 6.0 ow with just a hint of cream at the edge. Incredibly bright colors. Looks better but a light interior stain on the bottom right corner of the front cover and first few pages brings the grade down. No GPA sales. $85 SOLD

image.jpg1_zpsyazza0g4.jpg

image.jpg2_zpswwh8vp2r.jpg

Laugh Comics 66 6.0 ow with just a hint of cream at the edge. Incredibly bright colors. Looks better but a light interior stain on the bottom right corner of the front cover and first few pages brings the grade down. No GPA sales. $85

:takeit:

r u kidding me? :cloud9:

defects on the interior - check

all the major characters - check

no split panels - check (not that there's anything wrong with split panels!)

best drawn betty evah - check check check

thanx ken!!

Laugh Comics 66 6.0 ow with just a hint of cream at the edge. Incredibly bright colors. Looks better but a light interior stain on the bottom right corner of the front cover and first few pages brings the grade down. No GPA sales. $85

r u kidding me? :cloud9:

defects on the interior - check

all the major characters - check

no split panels - check (not that there's anything wrong with split panels!)

best drawn betty evah - check check check

thanx ken!!

Great Archie covers never last long. That early Archie is on the edge of excellence too.

This laugh would have looked perfect next to my Archie 50.

Congrats to the buyer

Laugh Comics 49 7.0 white. Exceptional color. Slight speckling that can only be seen in a certain light. I have seen this on books before but it is not staining and does not show on the interior. Grease pencil on cover. Newstand fresh copy. No GPA sales. $125

Laugh Comics 49 7.0 white. Exceptional color. Slight speckling that can only be seen in a certain light. I have seen this on books before but it is not staining and does not show on the interior. Grease pencil on cover. Newstand fresh copy. No GPA sales. $125

Sold. Thanks Tony.

Ken

Pep Comics 82 5.0 ow. Nice, vibrant color. Small stain bottom right corner. 3/8" tear bottom of back cover. Light foxing and one small bug chew hole going through the pages but not the covers. This bug was very careful. $68 SOLD

image.jpg1_zpsjfvkqpft.jpg

image.jpg2_zps76zyedse.jpg

Pep Comics 103 5.0 ow/white. Excellent color and gloss. There is a piece near the bottom of the front cover on the right edge that is held on the inside of the front cover with a tiny piece of tape. I don't know if the piece is detached otherwise or just close to it. Small chip out of bottom back cover. No GPA sales. $60. SOLD

image.jpg1_zpsqk3hfbpn.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsugskqyme.jpg

Pep Comics 103 5.0 ow/white. Excellent color and gloss. There is a piece near the bottom of the front cover on the right edge that is held on the inside of the front cover with a tiny piece of tape. I don't know if the piece is detached otherwise or just close to it. Small chip out of bottom back cover. No GPA sales. $60

Pep Comics 103 5.0 ow/white. Excellent color and gloss. There is a piece near the bottom of the front cover on the right edge that is held on the inside of the front cover with a tiny piece of tape. I don't know if the piece is detached otherwise or just close to it. Small chip out of bottom back cover. No GPA sales. $60

Thanks again Greg.

Ken