• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Turner Aspen Exclusive Artwork DC Harley Quinn #1 ?

209 posts in this topic

Thought I would share with everyone:

I emailed Aspen with worries about the upcoming books being sold out as fast as the Batman #1 were and about resellers buying "bulk" for the mark-up values. This was the response I got today:

Hello,

Yes the next round of books will have tighter limitations and a larger print run to ensure more fans can get a copy.

Sincerely,

Aspen Comics

So......does that mean they'll do another Batman #1 print run?? OR in the next exclusive, they have a larger print run.......maybe the later....

They won't print more of Batman 1

July 13th

I'm seeing the turner variant set listed on eBay as a preorder auction already. Are you allow to do this even though it's not gone on sale yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-QUINN-1-Rebirth-variant-MICHAEL-TURNER-Variant-Set-PRE-ORDER-RARE-/272299141612?hash=item3f664b29ec:g:uI0AAOSwuzRXfcfk

Allowed? Sure. Likely to get burnt by bad feedback, a canceled order, a refund.......well yeah.

People who pre-sell usually get burnt once or twice before they stop.

Although some sellers are constantly pre-ordering via previews, some do it with exclusives too.

And that looks like a shilled auction if i've ever seen one.

I'm seeing the turner variant set listed on eBay as a preorder auction already. Are you allow to do this even though it's not gone on sale yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-QUINN-1-Rebirth-variant-MICHAEL-TURNER-Variant-Set-PRE-ORDER-RARE-/272299141612?hash=item3f664b29ec:g:uI0AAOSwuzRXfcfk

HAHA...that insufficiently_thoughtful_person doesn't even have the correct cover in the listing. He's gonna get burned.......

I'm seeing the turner variant set listed on eBay as a preorder auction already. Are you allowed to do this even though it's not gone on sale yet?

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Not feeling the Steigerwald edits, I think I'm just going for the combo and leaving the Puddin' Pack for others

Oh, I didn't realize it was Steigerwald. But I think everyone is in agreement. Not really sure why they did it....

well I guess I'm one of the few... I liked it.

I can see they "photo-shoped" the face (removed the mask) and added the hair.

They tried to make the hair similar to the Suicide Squad movie.

Thought I would share with everyone:

I emailed Aspen with worries about the upcoming books being sold out as fast as the Batman #1 were and about resellers buying "bulk" for the mark-up values. This was the response I got today:

Hello,

Yes the next round of books will have tighter limitations and a larger print run to ensure more fans can get a copy.

Sincerely,

Aspen Comics

So......does that mean they'll do another Batman #1 print run?? OR in the next exclusive, they have a larger print run.......maybe the later....

They won't print more of Batman 1

July 13th

lol

So, given the large number of variants for this, I've had to trim my list and i'm honestly debating on buying the Turner set just to flip.... Sad, but there is so many other covers of his that I LOVE!!! Civil war #1-3 sketch and color as examples. His fathom stuff was amazing too!

Not feeling the Steigerwald edits, I think I'm just going for the combo and leaving the Puddin' Pack for others

Oh, I didn't realize it was Steigerwald. But I think everyone is in agreement. Not really sure why they did it....

I believe to be part of the RI program, DC required something with the new Harley head and Turner, of course, hadn't had something (the update to her came after he passed) so Steigerwald who did the background on the covers and is closely tied to Turner and Aspen drafted the new head out of the Jester head.

I believe to be part of the RI program, DC required something with the new Harley head and Turner, of course, hadn't had something (the update to her came after he passed) so Steigerwald who did the background on the covers and is closely tied to Turner and Aspen drafted the new head out of the Jester head.

I would assume that also. I would think DC would give a pass to a respected artist who had done a lot of work form them in the past though.

I would assume that also. I would think DC would give a pass to a respected artist who had done a lot of work form them in the past though.

You would think, right? At the risk of sounding pessimistic, they're (DC) in it for the money and it's all part of their Suicide Squad marketing campaign so I can see why its required ... sort of.

You would think, right? At the risk of sounding pessimistic, they're (DC) in it for the money and it's all part of their Suicide Squad marketing campaign so I can see why its required ... sort of.

Who's more in it for the money? DC who has $250 mil in the movie or Aspen who is publishing 8+ year posthumous work?