• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just closed my Paypal Credit account.

41 posts in this topic

I can understand your principles.

But just so I understand overall.

You wanted a 6 dollar credit. They only offered you 3 dollars.

So you closed the account over $3 basically ?

Yeah that's where I'm at too.

I'm all for justice and I know 'letter of the law' thrives around here and heck Paypal is a thorn in my side too, But it's $3 and it's still pretty seamless with eBay. Now you're going to get miles but have an extra step or 4 for the next 100,000 you do. You put the burden on yourself in my opinion.

I don't think he's leaving Paypal altogether, just Paypal credit. He can still use his own credit cards through Paypal if I understood correctly.

I'm not one to worship at the alter of FICO. I doubt I'll ever take out another mortgage, and according to my Discover Card, it's over 800 anyway.

It was actually almost $15 in interest as there was some last month as well. With the move, I didn't notice it. I left because all they kept telling me was I must have done something wrong. Couldn't or wouldn't say what, just that I did.

I'm not leaving PayPal, just shut down my PayPal Credit account. Was it an impulsive decision brought on by what I considered to be less than stellar customer service? Absolutely.

Will it accomplish anything? Almost certainly not.

I'm not one to worship at the alter of FICO. I doubt I'll ever take out another mortgage, and according to my Discover Card, it's over 800 anyway.

It was actually almost $15 in interest as there was some last month as well. With the move, I didn't notice it. I left because all they kept telling me was I must have done something wrong. Couldn't or wouldn't say what, just that I did.

I'm not leaving PayPal, just shut down my PayPal Credit account. Was it an impulsive decision brought on by what I considered to be less than stellar customer service? Absolutely.

Will it accomplish anything? Almost certainly not.

Well, it does make us all look and think about our own dealings with PayPal, so you did accomplish that. (thumbs u

shad has his principles.

i boycott places all the time.

the other day the guy at my favorite burrito place told me guacamole was free, so I had him put it on two burritos. the lady at the register says it's $1.50 extra each. i look at the guy and say "you said it was free?" and he said "sorry i was wrong"..they didn't say "ok, it's free this time," they expected me to pay the $3.00 extra? i wouldn't have asked for it at $1.50 a pop for a sponfull of guac, I can buy 3 avocados for $3!

i walked out and have not returned. i went there 2-3 times a month for the last 5 years to pick up dinner for me and the wife when I worked late. yes, I know, it's only $50 a month for them, but it's gone. restaurants should not be in the business of pizzing off customers, particularly 300+ pound customers.

That's a funny short.

Compounding my irritation is that they were almost out of guac, so Neither burroto got a proper serving in it.

and my wife's shrimp burrito was already $11.50. add $1.50 on there and it's $13, kind of nuts for a take out burrito that isn't the size of a football.

That is a crazy expensive burrito. I don't mind paying extra for guacamole at Chipotle since their meals are around $7. If I was paying $12 for a burrito, I'd want free guacamole too.

Anyway, that's besides the point, if a worker said it was free, it's free, otherwise what type of business are they trying to run?

I'm a man of principle, not of convictions.

Twelve arrest, but no convictions.

Even though we've never met, I would shake your hand. :applause:

Principles is becoming a lost art among today's society ... IMO :sumo:

I had the local paper delivered to my house every day for 10 years. Always paid my bill on time, same as all the others.

I was on vacation and got back on a Friday. I was catching up on my mail and noticed that the paper bill was due Satuday. I wrote a check and put it in the mail. Worst case they'll get it Monday, two days late. No big deal. It's not like your electric or water gets turned off if you pay two days late.

On Sunday I didn't get my paper. I called my delivery person (I'd known them for years) and they said they got a cancelation notice for me from the paper.

Monday morning I called my bank to put a stop payment on the check. On my way to work I stopped at the end of the driveway and pulled the post with the paper box on it out of the ground and threw it in the back of my truck. On my lunch hour I drove the the news paper office, walked in with the box on the post, set it on the customer service desk and left.

That was 18 years ago and a haven't bough or read a copy of their paper since.

I know they couldn't care less, but to this day I feel good everytime I think about it.

That is a crazy expensive burrito. I don't mind paying extra for guacamole at Chipotle since their meals are around $7. If I was paying $12 for a burrito, I'd want free guacamole too.

Anyway, that's besides the point, if a worker said it was free, it's free, otherwise what type of business are they trying to run?

yeah, their regular ones are $8 (the ones i get for myself) and come with a can of soda, but shrimp is $3.50 extra and my wife insists on shrimp....

I had the local paper delivered to my house every day for 10 years. Always paid my bill on time, same as all the others.

I was on vacation and got back on a Friday. I was catching up on my mail and noticed that the paper bill was due Satuday. I wrote a check and put it in the mail. Worst case they'll get it Monday, two days late. No big deal. It's not like your electric or water gets turned off if you pay two days late.

On Sunday I didn't get my paper. I called my delivery person (I'd known them for years) and they said they got a cancelation notice for me from the paper.

Monday morning I called my bank to put a stop payment on the check. On my way to work I stopped at the end of the driveway and pulled the post with the paper box on it out of the ground and threw it in the back of my truck. On my lunch hour I drove the the news paper office, walked in with the box on the post, set it on the customer service desk and left.

I know they couldn't care less, but to this day I feel good everytime I think about it.

(worship)

I'd love to see a burrito the size of a football.

I need to check this place out. Maybe 20 minutes from my house. Listed as one of the 10 best burrito spots in NYC. I hope he's talking about the head on top of his shoulders though:

TACOS EL BRONCO: Tacos El Bronco (and its mobile buddy, the Tacos El Bronco truck) knows its way around an super-stuffed tortilla. Hearty burrito offerings here come with the usual suspects—steak, chicken, pork, veggies, etc.—and you'll never be stuck with meager offerings, since these babies are the size of my head. Expect to spend $6.50 to $10, but you'll never need to eat again.

Tacos El Bronco is located at 4324 4th Avenue in Sunset Park, Brooklyn (718) 788-2229,

I printed an international shipping label through paypal.com/shipnow and it got returned back to me.

After dealing with the post office(s) who were less than helpful, I called paypal.

They refunded me the $65 no questions asked, said I was a long time customer who uses them frequently.... I was shocked.

(worship)

lol

That is a great story.