• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Vancouver November 11-13, 2016

285 posts in this topic

Couldn't find any existing thread for this one.

November 11-13

at the Vancouver Convention Centre

www.fanexpovancouver.com

Tickets go on sale June 23

KEVIN SMITH kicks off the 2016 guest list.

An Evening with Kevin Smith special event is scheduled for Saturday, November 12th at 8pm

Kevin will be available for Photo Ops at Fan Expo Vancouver, details TBA.

Probably better odds this Nov/16 Fan Expo than last Easter/15, as Kevin Boyd is helping to coordinate the comic guest list, and hopefully to reply faster to vendor inquiries and emails. Keep in mind everything is pricier in Vancouver compared to Calgary or EDM Expos, thus the booths are 8' x 8'. Also the Coquihalla Hwy from EDM or Calgary to Vancouver may be icy in Nov/16. Good luck. <3

Is this show worthwhile setting up at as a comic vendor?

Would say that Fan Expo is worth setting up at if you sell original art/prints, t-shirts, caps, Pop Funko toys, tattoos, etc.

:wishluck: If you are primarily selling back issues, I worry about the timing of this Nov. 11/16 Fan Expo. It is 3 weeks after the Oct/16 Vancouver Comic Show (100 vendor's tables already sold out), 2 weeks after Scottish Cultural Ctr Pop Culture Show (comics, dvd's, wrestling mags, Star Wars), and only 5 days after the HH comicon which seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest as the HH promoter used to (still does?) help to get local Vancouver or Victoria, BC guests, artists/inkers/writers for Fan Expo Vancouver.

Thanks for the insight. If I were to do it, I would likely fly in on points and ship a few boxes to the show instead of driving. Going through the mountains at that time of year is sketchy.

I submitted the list for the teaser flyer last week. I should be able to share with you soon.

:popcorn:

Good, pass the popcorn please. Should be fun to find out who's on list... :popcorn:

Next up:

TOM FELTON

Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter films

Hope he do show up this year. A friend had told me Tom had canceled twice in the last two years since. Maybe the changes to have the show in November might help?

Next up:

TOM FELTON

Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter films

Hope he do show up this year. A friend had told me Tom had canceled twice in the last two years since. Maybe the changes to have the show in November might help?

Now that he will be in Vancouver filming the Flash, it will probably be easier to manage the logistics.

fyi, AC Cards and Comics on Renfrew St, Vancouver just closed their shop. Wood comic bins gone, comic and toy store stock all gone. Perhaps we will see some more blow out comics at next HH con? meh

Really? I have not been to their store for a long time since then. So I take your message as meaning they didn't do their final sale at the store (before closing down)? They just pack up took all their stock out and close down?

When is next HH con?