• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets travel the world looking at rare foreign Star Wars editions!

24 posts in this topic

Awesome! My favorite is the Indonesian copy - the guy literally redrew the whole comic!? Amazing.

Yea he is pretty amazing... another shot of the interior. Compare this one...

11146221_1599635490305139_3445736899519163453_n.jpg

You can see where he went simpler or chose to match certain elements of the scene closely. I gotta tell ya wormboy. The Indonesian bootleg market is fascinating. An entire book or books could be dedicated to everything they did.... out of threat of hijacking my own thread would you like to see other indo bootlegs?

Jan was a pretty neat homegrown artist out of Indonesia. He was heavily influenced by western comic art and as such I think is one reason he was so popular.

jan16.jpg

jan18.jpg

jan10.jpg

That is awesome! It blows my mind that he redrew every single page, with the same story at different angles etc. Just wild.

What are these other three bootlegs of?

Nah these are original Jan creations I think? He did al sorts of stuff not just bootlegs..... (thumbs u