• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

91 posts in this topic

Normal in my experience, just like their overgraded raws.

+1 raws over graded. But relatively easy to return, for what its worth.

Hopefully my book will ship this week :wishluck:

You will know when you receive an email from FedEx with tracking info. Only way I know they shipped.

I paid on June 17th and still waiting. Don't fret, you will get it.

Buying through their direct website and auction house is cheaper than buying through eBay. Plus they can give you a better price if you go to their website. Ebay takes 10% of their margin so they have to make it up through eBay.

Normal in my experience, just like their overgraded raws.

Well, they grade tight compared to Chuck R.

But otherwise, yeah, it's tough to buy raws from them. I only had 1 out of about 10 that I was really satisfied with before I gave up on that. Heck, I even once ordered a CGC 8.5 from them that didn't even look like a 7.0 to me when I got it, but it may have been a square-bound that got a spine split in the case after it was slabbed. And they did accept a return on it despite it being CGC.

I'm glad to know it's not just my order. Like y'all said, hopefully it's shipping soon. I ordered from their site. I'm not sure they had this book on eBay yet or not.

Metropolis will usually multi-list everything. They will put the books on their site, on Comic Connection, and also on eBay. SO that same book was likely listed in 3 different places.

I'm glad to know it's not just my order. Like y'all said, hopefully it's shipping soon. I ordered from their site. I'm not sure they had this book on eBay yet or not.

Metropolis will usually multi-list everything. They will put the books on their site, on Comic Connection, and also on eBay. SO that same book was likely listed in 3 different places.

I searched for that book to read their eBay description of it, and it wasn't listed. I checked the completed auctions as well to see if it had ended early after my purchase.

They used to have very quick turn-around, but they do so much business now between their BIN business and their auction business that turn-around for me is usually about 2 weeks. But i don't stress about it. When i get the book, it will end up sitting inanimate in a box, possibly for years.

All you do is complain :screwy:

They used to have very quick turn-around, but they do so much business now between their BIN business and their auction business that turn-around for me is usually about 2 weeks. But i don't stress about it. When i get the book, it will end up sitting inanimate in a box, possibly for years.

All you do is complain :screwy:

Miami guys are FDQs.

I waited 23 days and just emailed them for my auction winnings paid on 6/13.

They responded immediately ( like 5 minutes after I sent the email) and was told

" your items are now in the pack line. "

I have no doubt it will go out but it is a bit longer than expected. Perhaps they need more staff.

I waited 23 days and just emailed them for my auction winnings paid on 6/13.

They responded immediately ( like 5 minutes after I sent the email) and was told

" your items are now in the pack line. "

I have no doubt it will go out but it is a bit longer than expected. Perhaps they need more staff.

I've got auction winnings that were paid 6/11 that still are "pending". Pretty par for the course, in my experience.