• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

91 posts in this topic

I paid with CC.

I'll get in contact with them to see why. Thanks for the quick responses!

So once again are you telling us you didn't call them first before starting this post?

I shouldn't have to wait a month without ANY communication about a book I ordered and paid for.

.... they notify when the book ships, at least, they have for my orders. I believe that is the extent of communication, unless you call or email. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They do notify when they ship. I'm still waiting also from Comic Connect . Bought a book June 19th. It's pending.

To me that's the important part..... I like to be able to plan for the arrival of a parcel. GOD BLESS....

I'm not sure of the connection between people not paying for books and Metropolis not shipping/updating an order in a timely fashion is but I will say we have threads here for bad customers just as much as dealers so it fair both ways.

I paid immediately. I always pay in a timely manner. 4+ weeks to ship an order ( which has not shipped yet) nor any follow up is not a good way to do business. Metro sets the expectation on their website of 3 weeks from payment to ship. They clearly outline that their customer has 7 days to ship items to them and then processing time. Things do happen but I should not have to call after I emailed already for an update ( it really is the dumb response when someone posts that.) For one of the biggest dealers around , they should have a better system . It makes you wonder if they either do not have enough staff , the established system is inadequate and/or there are mistakes being made. Since this seems to be a fairly consistent issue among their customers, it is segment of their business they should take a look at. Is it going to make me stop doing business with them? No, I have no doubt they are a good company overall. Will it make me look to a competitor that has the same book but always ships fast ? Yes.

Yayyyy. The books arrived today. 1 day over 5 weeks.

I paid with CC.

I'll get in contact with them to see why. Thanks for the quick responses!

So once again are you telling us you didn't call them first before starting this post?

I shouldn't have to wait a month without ANY communication about a book I ordered and paid for.

.... they notify when the book ships, at least, they have for my orders. I believe that is the extent of communication, unless you call or email. GOD BLESS...

They do notify when they ship. I'm still waiting also from Comic Connect . Bought a book June 19th. It's pending.

To me that's the important part..... I like to be able to plan for the arrival of a parcel. GOD BLESS....

I thought it was when your neighbor's packages were going to arrive that you were most interested in. :D

I'm not sure of the connection between people not paying for books and Metropolis not shipping/updating an order in a timely fashion is but I will say we have threads here for bad customers just as much as dealers so it fair both ways.

I paid immediately. I always pay in a timely manner. 4+ weeks to ship an order ( which has not shipped yet) nor any follow up is not a good way to do business. Metro sets the expectation on their website of 3 weeks from payment to ship. They clearly outline that their customer has 7 days to ship items to them and then processing time. Things do happen but I should not have to call after I emailed already for an update ( it really is the dumb response when someone posts that.) For one of the biggest dealers around , they should have a better system . It makes you wonder if they either do not have enough staff , the established system is inadequate and/or there are mistakes being made. Since this seems to be a fairly consistent issue among their customers, it is segment of their business they should take a look at. Is it going to make me stop doing business with them? No, I have no doubt they are a good company overall. Will it make me look to a competitor that has the same book but always ships fast ? Yes.

:applause:

But did you call them? :eyeroll: (rhetorical)

But did you call them? :eyeroll: (rhetorical)

lol

I'm glad to know it's not just my order. Like y'all said, hopefully it's shipping soon. I ordered from their site. I'm not sure they had this book on eBay yet or not.

Metropolis will usually multi-list everything. They will put the books on their site, on Comic Connection, and also on eBay. SO that same book was likely listed in 3 different places.

It's becoming more commonplace.... 1. core site, 2. Amazon, 3. eBay, 4. others. Some sites have a policy not to "cross polinate" though but it's been years since I've read the fine print. It's easier of course, if you own said sites as Vincent and co does.

The Wheels in Motion is an oldie but goodie. It ever gets old. :cloud9:

According to my calculations, they're averaging well over a thousand packages per month...... that's a LOT of bubble wrap. GOD BLESS...

According to my calculations, they're averaging well over a thousand packages per month...... that's a LOT of bubble wrap. GOD BLESS...

Um, how exactly did you calculate that?

By the way, that is about 1 package every 9 to 10 minutes based on an average work day. Not that much for a standard shipping a receiving department.

By the number of invoices they generate in a year....... they sell a lot of comics.. GOD BLESS...

..... other factors are the delicate nature of the product and consignment element. Personally, I want someone to take their time with my books and pack them right. I've also experienced the occasional delay waiting for a consignment book to make it to their offices.