• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really...Like who Would buy it

27 posts in this topic

..........MINT CONDITION..........

Stock photo

Probably not an expert comics grader. In fact, he probably has no clue what the hell he's talking about. It's not uncommon. Look on Craigslist.

I spent the first 20+ years of my life buying comics from shops that priced absolutely everything in the store according to Overstreet NM no matter what the actual grade was. These guys actually did know what the hell they were talking about, and when they're buying they know damn well those comics weren't NM, but when it comes time to sell it's a different story.

Sure thing

Definition of a scam: a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people

1. He is deceiving the buyer in thinking the book is mint condition, its clearly not as all he has provided is a stock image of a book and the book pictured is not mint.

2. No selling history and all his comic listings are marked mint condition which there not.

(This is not really 100% proof just adds to the concern)

Use of deception to make money off someone is considered a scam by definition.

Ignorance is not deception.

Sure thing

Definition of a scam: a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people

1. He is deceiving the buyer in thinking the book is mint condition, its clearly not as all he has provided is a stock image of a book and the book pictured is not mint.

2. No selling history and all his comic listings are marked mint condition which there not.

(This is not really 100% proof just adds to the concern)

Use of deception to make money off someone is considered a scam by definition.

Ignorance is not deception.

So you have proof that he is ignorant to comic grading and selling?

So you have proof that he is ignorant to comic grading and selling?

You're the one accusing him of a crime. Do you have proof?

Well I sent him a question regarding the back cover and if he could upload an image of it, so far its been over a day with no response. I will let you know if he sends one or not.

Maybe Im being to hard on the guy but I have been buying books on eBay for 12 years and although I am not 100% sure he is a scammer its fair to say that something doesn't feel right.

ask yourself this, would you want to buy from this seller with all the current issues with his listing?