• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Tales #95 classic sci -fi monster cover

65 posts in this topic

I first saw one in a Overstreet price guide many years ago. Loved the cover instantly. :cloud9: I just bought one .Don't have it yet. Any of you guys have one? Post It . Would love to see it. GCD doesn't have any info on this book . Anybody want to guess who did the cover. At first glance I thought Everett, but the people running are all wrong. I was thinking maybe Joe Maneely or maybe Sol Brodsky??? Also anybody have a price point that it's going for. I paid about 3x guide for a 3.5 slabbed. Thanks.

It definitely stands out. It would have made a great Sci -Fi B Movie One sheet Poster in the 1950's. (worship) I could only imagine seeing that outside a movie theatre.

Here's mine. Love it.

The cover is an odd one. The monster looks like Wolverton, but the people definitely do not. They don't look like Everett either...closer to Brodsky.

001_zps00gggha6.jpg

Here's mine. Love it.

The cover is an odd one. The monster looks like Wolverton, but the people definitely do not. They don't look like Everett either...closer to Brodsky.

001_zps00gggha6.jpg

Good grief Andy, that copy is unreal - pedigree?

I don't think so. It has a light center bend and some foxing on the back cover, but the front is just beautiful.

Paid $350 for it on the boards some years ago and was thrilled with what I got.

Here's mine. Love it.

001_zps00gggha6.jpg

That's what I keep thinking maybe Brodsky.BTW that book is a stunner!! (worship) $350,What a great deal. Congrats on having a wonderful book.

Another book that belongs in the greatest covers poll. I would definitely have voted this cover above many of the covers that have survived to the top 40.

It might have made it but don't think it was within the date range they were looking for.