• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this copy of Strange Tales #167 Steranko classic flag cover

33 posts in this topic

is that a crease, or scanner artifact? if it's a crease, then 7.0....

not one of Jim's better works, imho...the little lady looks a mite crosseyed, but that could be this craptastic monitor they stuck me with at work

David, what's up with the crease in the title? Looks like it might be production?

I'll go 8.0, but I'm feeling pretty rusty these days...

Not a production crease - it's the starngest little 1" pinch - I can't figure it out - very light.

Book arrived today - Here are some better scans:

ST167s.jpg

ST167bs.jpg

cloud9.gif

Top edge ragged. Seven or Eight spint ticks. Rough smudge near right side edge. That 1" crease, fold, or whatever; It doesn't matter how 'strange' it is, or if you can figure it out or not; It's a 1" color-breaking crease in my book. Some areas of light soiling throughout the front cover. Back looks to have no defects.

This is a bright white/red combo cover and it's hard to get in true high grade. Everybody's just being nice. And I only dropped the sumo on you david because I've seen you do it so many times to others! stooges.gif

Top edge ragged. Seven or Eight spint ticks. Rough smudge near right side edge. That 1" crease, fold, or whatever; It doesn't matter how 'strange' it is, or if you can figure it out or not; It's a 1" color-breaking crease in my book. Some areas of light soiling throughout the front cover. Back looks to have no defects.

This is a bright white/red combo cover and it's hard to get in true high grade. Everybody's just being nice. And I only dropped the sumo on you david because I've seen you do it so many times to others! stooges.gif

The sumo just means you're confident with your grade . . . are you? (insert bend over emoticon here)

In your book it's a FN 6.0 sumo.gif (gimme all you got 27_laughing.gif)

"I am not my books (repeat)"

poke2.gif

btw, nobody's "nice" around here 27_laughing.gif

7.5/8.0

I was going 9.0 but that one big crease starting at the L hurts... frown.gif

i find myself agreeing with Aces assessments more and more these days. i can't see anything that would take this down into the fine range. i think 8.0 might be a stretch, though...............still a real nice copy of a classic cover - IMO........

7.5/8.0

I was going 9.0 but that one big crease starting at the L hurts... frown.gif

i find myself agreeing with Aces assessments more and more these days. i can't see anything that would take this down into the fine range. i think 8.0 might be a stretch, though...............still a real nice copy of a classic cover - IMO........

it's a 7.0 sumo.gif although the colors look brighter on your scan than the previous.