• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect reputation?

80 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough, but how would one get someone's personal information from a reported sale?

It's not all dealing with personal information. For example, let's say I got a deal at $50 for a book with the cert. #012345678. I list the book up for $200, you go to check GPA and see the last book sold for $50 was cert. #012345678. You'll probably turned off because I'm trying to see it for so much more than I paid.

And the potential for the personal info is there too based on where the book sold. You could find the previous auctions, the seller of the book, and then potentially the buyer, etc.

Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough, but how would one get someone's personal information from a reported sale?

They wouldn't. They'd get the price that someone paid.

I've gotten many books off ComicConnect. Fairly good experience, both raw and slabbed. Now there were a few times it took awhile to get a couple of mid-low grade books, but these were direct buy-it-nows and I know the books were being brokered and was not on-hand within their premises.

And for some, that's personal enough.

Probably along the lines of the same reasons people buy comics here by PM. They don't want anyone to know (shrug)

The seller or buyer can instruct CC not to report. I have made a similar request on a purchase.

I guess, and mayne I am wrong, gpa sign a contract with the aucrion house to have ALL the prices realized.

In this case, choosing to not submit an auction result is just wrong.

I completely disagree. My business (or in this case his) is none of yours.

OG, I think the argument is that selective reporting doesn't represent the market accurately and that manipulates the market.

Could be, but with certification numbers a book can be tracked to a buyer and what I buy and how much I pay for it is my choice to disclose, not someone elses. GPA vs. my right to privacy = no contest. GPA is a tool, not a rule.

(thumbs u

The blame isn't on any person for exercising their right to privacy if its within the agreed upon terms of buying/selling with comic connect (or any other venue).

The issue is the contract with comicconnect and gpa allowing for the option of only select data to be reported.

That being said, metro raw for books costing less than $200 have been always overgraded. I bought a lot of like 18, and returned all but 2 which I got pressed and graded and were still overgraded. Soooo that's 0 for 18.

The seller or buyer can instruct CC not to report. I have made a similar request on a purchase.

I guess, and mayne I am wrong, gpa sign a contract with the aucrion house to have ALL the prices realized.

OG, I think the argument is that selective reporting doesn't represent the market accurately and that manipulates the market.

Perhaps. But no one source can capture 100% of all sales.

That's not what is being discussed.

What's being discussed is actively submitting selective data from any given source.

Probably along the lines of the same reasons people buy comics here by PM. They don't want anyone to know (shrug)

Except they are buying them in public auctions and 1000's of people are seeing the hammer prices. So zero privacy.

Except they are buying them in public auctions and 1000's of people are seeing the hammer prices. So zero privacy.

Unless you buy from Comic Connect, apparently. :applause:

What's being discussed is actively submitting selective data from any given source.

My apologies. Next time, I'll submit my response to you for approval first ;)

My apologies. Next time, I'll submit my response to you for approval first ;)

And GPA, don't forget to tell them.

Who said anything about an auction? My purchase was set up between consignor, CC and myself.

Who said anything about an auction? My purchase was set up between consignor, CC and myself.

This was the post that started the entire discussion.

I noticed that the last two All Star Comics 8 that sold on CC (5.0 & 5.5) within the last month went for a price much lower than GPA. These sales don't get recorded on GPA.

Were those not auction books?

This was the post that started the entire discussion.

I noticed that the last two All Star Comics 8 that sold on CC (5.0 & 5.5) within the last month went for a price much lower than GPA. These sales don't get recorded on GPA.

Were those not auction books?

My bad. Indeed, those were auction books. Mine wasn't.

(thumbs u

Just lots of different conversations going on at once. I was mainly focusing on the line of thought that started from that post.