• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect reputation?

80 posts in this topic

The seller or buyer can instruct CC not to report. I have made a similar request on a purchase.

I guess, and mayne I am wrong, gpa sign a contract with the aucrion house to have ALL the prices realized.

In this case, choosing to not submit an auction result is just wrong.

The seller or buyer can instruct CC not to report. I have made a similar request on a purchase.

I guess, and mayne I am wrong, gpa sign a contract with the aucrion house to have ALL the prices realized.

I completely disagree. My business (or in this case his) is none of yours.

They don't report any personal information though do they (real question, I don't know)?

If they just report a selling price I don't see how there would be a problem.

One reason not to 'live or die' by GP prices.

May I ask why?

Buying habits and prices paid can be used against you in some cases.

Don't understand. I don't think names are reported.

OG, I think the argument is that selective reporting doesn't represent the market accurately and that manipulates the market.

I stay away from their raw books and auctions. A slabbed book is fine as long as you are comfortable with the price obviously.

I bought an unrestored Tec #27 raw from Metro (ComicConnect). Came back from CGC with grade stated (4.0) and better page quality (OW vs COW they had stated pre-sale).

I stay away from their raw books and auctions. A slabbed book is fine as long as you are comfortable with the price obviously.

I bought an unrestored Tec #27 raw from Metro (ComicConnect). Came back from CGC with grade stated (4.0) and better page quality (OW vs COW they had stated pre-sale).

Dang well better grade that one right!

OG, I think the argument is that selective reporting doesn't represent the market accurately and that manipulates the market.

Could be, but with certification numbers a book can be tracked to a buyer and what I buy and how much I pay for it is my choice to disclose, not someone elses. GPA vs. my right to privacy = no contest. GPA is a tool, not a rule.

Exactly.

Imagine that a seller, that reports to gpa, has two copies of the same comic, and sell one for a low price. Deciding to not report this sale because it can hurt the selling price of the second copy, is market manipulation

Exactly.

Imagine that a seller, that reports to gpa, has two copies of the same comic, and sell one for a low price. Deciding to not report this sale because it can hurt the selling price of the second copy, is market manipulation

If you suckle at the teat of GPA then you're right. Still dosen't trump the right to privacy.

I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Rob Reynolds at Comic Connect. He's a good guy and very helpful.

+1

Rob and Vincent are top notch.

+1 here. I bought the All Select #1 in my sig raw and graded as a 7.5. It graded as an unrestored 7.5 with offwhite to white pages. :cloud9:

Exactly.

If you suckle at the teat of GPA then you're right. Still dosen't trump the right to privacy.

If I understand you, just the actual sale price of the book and the grade, date of sale should be reported to GPA but NOTHING else.

That is all that should be reported to GPA IMO.

Exactly.

Perhaps. But no one source can capture 100% of all sales.

Exactly.

I have no issue with GPA and am not a detractor. However, some people treat is as the be all and end all and that's misguided. The idea that all sales must be captured by any one source is wildly_fanciful_statement