• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in the Columbus, OH Area

12 posts in this topic

1. Moore's Comics in Westerville off of Cleveland avenue

2. Worlds Best Comics in Westerville off of Cleveland avenue (yeah, right down street, long story).

3. Laughing Ogre in Columbus off High St.

4. Comic Town on 161 in Columbus (cant find it, but google still thinks its there).

Moore's has better older (but wow its tiny and badly lighted, Worlds has decent, Laughing Ogre if you want trades or a bunch of ancillary stuff to comics, and Comic Town I haven't been in but people keep telling me its there off 161.

2. Worlds Best Comics in Westerville off of Cleveland avenue (yeah, right down street, long story).

4. Comic Town on 161 in Columbus (cant find it, but google still thinks its there).

Moore's has better older (but wow its tiny and badly lighted, Worlds has decent, Laughing Ogre if you want trades or a bunch of ancillary stuff to comics, and Comic Town I haven't been in but people keep telling me its there off 161.

1. Never been myself.

2. They setup at a lot of shows and have good stock at the shows. Never been to the store.

3. Horrible store, all of the books are squeezed tight in their long boxes. I hate when sellers do that.

4. Comic Town? Yea, they have long boxes (of drek), but it's mostly gamers and gaming now (gamer town).

Also, would NOT recommend Packrat Comics.

Obviously this depends on what you are looking for. I like to dig for deals on hot books.

Somehow Columbus is not a great city for shops.

1. Never been myself.

2. They setup at a lot of shows and have good stock at the shows. Never been to the store.

3. Horrible store, all of the books are squeezed tight in their long boxes. I hate when sellers do that.

4. Comic Town? Yea, they have long boxes (of drek), but it's mostly gamers and gaming now (gamer town).

Also, would NOT recommend Packrat Comics.

Obviously this depends on what you are looking for. I like to dig for deals on hot books.

Somehow Columbus is not a great city for shops.

I actually liked Packrat since they had a couple short boxes of hot key books at pretty good prices and their store is laid out well. Didn't much like Ogre or World's Finest since they seemed to either A) not have much in stock or B) kept a separate show stock with all the good stuff in it. I've never bought much when I hit up stores in Columbus. Now up here in Cleveland/Akron/Canton we have a ton of good shops!

1. Moore's Comics - Very nice comic shop, with very nice owners! :) Went to middle school (formerly junior high) with the owner. May have some great finds if you look hard enough.

2. Comics Town - My primary LCS; currently expanding in older comics & possibly CGC graded comics, and very helpful with your needs. Location is Morse Rd. (east of I-71) & Maize Rd. (which runs north and south). (thumbs u

I actually liked Packrat since they had a couple short boxes of hot key books at pretty good prices and their store is laid out well. Didn't much like Ogre or World's Finest since they seemed to either A) not have much in stock or B) kept a separate show stock with all the good stuff in it. I've never bought much when I hit up stores in Columbus. Now up here in Cleveland/Akron/Canton we have a ton of good shops!

Really? I was there earlier this year. Not sure where they were hiding the "hot books", but there wall books were garbage.

Really? I was there earlier this year. Not sure where they were hiding the "hot books", but there wall books were garbage.

The owner was in while I was there and he pulled out 2 short boxes of what I assume to be show stock from the basement. Never hurts to ask if they have anything in back (especially if the owner is there).

Pack Rat is a little out there, but I know they do a lot of "geek social" stuff for younger collectors/readers. They do signings and have events and performances like "its all been done" radio show (at least on FB ive seen that happen). I think shops like that are good for the community, us older collectors might not dig it, but its mostly for the 30 and under crowd I think.

Man, thats really about it. Largest college town in North America, huge metro population, and we have like 4-5 comic shops spread out over miles. I know there are others but not many. You would think with Ohio being one of the more established beds of comic collecting, we would have more shows and more good older shops.

Pack Rat is a little out there, but I know they do a lot of "geek social" stuff for younger collectors/readers. They do signings and have events and performances like "its all been done" radio show (at least on FB ive seen that happen). I think shops like that are good for the community, us older collectors might not dig it, but its mostly for the 30 and under crowd I think.

Man, thats really about it. Largest college town in North America, huge metro population, and we have like 4-5 comic shops spread out over miles. I know there are others but not many. You would think with Ohio being one of the more established beds of comic collecting, we would have more shows and more good older shops.

Yea, that's cool about Pack Rat. There is a shop like that in Cleveland, Carol & John's. It's not great for digging, but they are successful and know across the country because of social media and community outreach.