• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nobody is complaining about the case? Does everything seem good now?

160 posts in this topic

Now that most of the case threads have drifted way down on the list, and the poofing has stopped, does it mean people are happy with the current case? Just trying to get a feel, and see how things are.

We got our first batch of books back today. Moderns. They look fine to me.

An ultra-wide Golden Age book that is currently in a magazine size holder had to stay that way though. The previous iteration of the new holder was planned to be a one-size-fits-all wonder. Unfortunately now with the return of the inner well there will be those books that just don't fit.

An ultra-wide Golden Age book that is currently in a magazine size holder had to stay that way though. The previous iteration of the new holder was planned to be a one-size-fits-all wonder. Unfortunately now with the return of the inner well there will be those books that just don't fit.

Could we get a few pics if time allows, good sir?

Do the new new cases still have the newton rings?

I only got a few books back but from what I could see the Newton Ring effect is more like the pre Apri 4 case than the April 4- Jun 24 case.

I only got a few books back but from what I could see the Newton Ring effect is more like the pre Apri 4 case than the April 4- Jun 24 case.

Screw you, roy

Screw you, roy
:cloud9:

Here are a bunch of photos from our web-site...have fun...

Bedrock City Photos!

Screw you, roy

The sexual tension is PALPABLE.

Screw you, roy

Is hippie old news?

Bedrock City Photos!

Excellent site. (thumbs u

Screw you, roy

The sexual tension is PALPABLE.

Yes, get a room! :luhv:

I will get 5 reholders back on Friday. I have a Tec 52 that I previously posted in a thread showing bad Newton rings. Will have before (new Case) and After (new modified case) pics to post on Friday.

Bedrock City Photos!

Do you also carry breathmints?

I will get 5 reholders back on Friday. I have a Tec 52 that I previously posted in a thread showing bad Newton rings. Will have before (new Case) and After (new modified case) pics to post on Friday.

Yes, definitely looking forward to seeing the 'Tec 52 in the modified new case to see how everything fits in there. :wishluck:

Just saw a copy of the Action 1 that might possibly be in the modified new holder in another thread and it would appear to be a very tight squeeze from what I am seeing below:

This is interesting. It was listed awhile ago on Heritage for the July auction. It was definitely in the new holder before. Now it looks like it has an inner well. (I guess it's possible it did before, but I didn't notice it.)

But I can only see the well notches on the left side of the book. I'm curious if the well was chopped up a bit to make it in the new outer case.

3lPNRZ.jpg

Absolutely no room to breathe at all and certainly hope this is not going to be the final version of the new GA case going forward. :P

I have 3 books back in the new slab and I'm happy with them. The rainbow/purple colors depending on the angle you view the slab are still there (as they were with the older slabs) but the biggest difference is the vertical "oil" streaks on the left and right sides of the book are gone.

From a Heritage Comics and Animation News e-mail today:

CGC introduced a redesign of its holder in April 2016. Over the three months this holder was in production, it became apparent some comics encapsulated in this hew holder exhibited an unnatural wavy appearance.

CGC announced on June 24 they were modifying the holder to incorporate the inner well design which had been used prior to April 16, combined with the new improved outer casing. All comics CGC is currently shipping out incorporate the inner well.

In addition, CGC has also let us know that if you have noticed any unnatural waviness in an April-June 2016 holder as detailed above, they will cover all expenses associated with having your comic re-holdered should you choose to do so. This would include shipping, return shipping, insurance both ways, and the holder itself. You can contact them directly at 1-877-662-6642 or customerservice@cgccomics.com.

A note to our consignors: Heritage is reviewing any comics consigned to our auctions that are in the April-June 2016 holder (the version with no inner well). Any of these that show waviness have been, or are currently being, sent to CGC for re-holder.

Yes, definitely looking forward to seeing the 'Tec 52 in the modified new case to see how everything fits in there. :wishluck:

Just saw a copy of the Action 1 that might possibly be in the modified new holder in another thread and it would appear to be a very tight squeeze from what I am seeing below:

This is interesting. It was listed awhile ago on Heritage for the July auction. It was definitely in the new holder before. Now it looks like it has an inner well. (I guess it's possible it did before, but I didn't notice it.)

But I can only see the well notches on the left side of the book. I'm curious if the well was chopped up a bit to make it in the new outer case.

3lPNRZ.jpg

Absolutely no room to breathe at all and certainly hope this is not going to be the final version of the new GA case going forward. :P

wow that does look like a very tight fit.