• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supper Classics From Foreign Publications

7 posts in this topic

Hello All,

If you are interested into the "Big Classic" of Foreign countries, this is for you.

Lets start with one of the most famous title of the "Franco/Belgium" books.

Published in 1950 by "Edition du Lombard"

Series: Blake et Mortimer

Title: Le Secret de l'Espadon Vol 1 by E.P. Jacobs.

Blake-Mortimer-Espadon1.jpg

De rien.

Notice how the symbol on one of the UFOs resemble the one on the Genyuine Batman Comixs Ashcan. insane.gif

The cover to the first Volume of the Secret de L'espadon is still my favorite of the run I think. As a kid, I had dreams of adapting the three volumes into a movie. I always thought it would make a wonderful Adventure feature. Do you know if there has ever been any attempts at bringing these stories to the screen? (à la live version of Tintin - well, maybe not exactly like that. I still need to rent the movie version of Astérix)

Thanks for taking requests. How about seeing Volume 3 of the Espadon next?

Hello All,

If you are interested into the "Big Classic" of Foreign countries, this is for you.

Lets start with one of the most famous title of the "Franco/Belgium" books.

Published in 1950 by "Edition du Lombard"

Series: Blake et Mortimer

Title: Le Secret de l'Espadon Vol 1 by E.P. Jacobs.

Blake-Mortimer-Espadon1.jpg

Rockin' cover, but what does it have to do with the evening meal.

By popular demand (Thanks "Scrooge"),

# 6 of the adventures de Blake & Mortimer, 1957.

Blake-Mortimer-Atlantide.jpg

I love the cover! Herge-esqe but with a wonder feeling due to the repetition of similar shapes and colors of the spaceships. I don't think I have an English reprint of any of the B&M, though I do of many other French comics.