• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Superhero, GGA, and.... and a few Bakers!

131 posts in this topic

PM sent

Good luck - he hasn't bothered to respond to my PM (read earlier today) whether my book has shipped yet (as promised).

As a buyer, it is not my job to help fund a seller's vacation and then have them ship whenever they feel like it.

Not to mention enduring a lack of communication so I have no idea what is going on.

To the OP, please refund my money in full for the Pictorial Romances #10.

so, I should not do business with him?

That's up to you - I'm not satisfied with his (lack of) service, and am requesting a refund.

Satisfaction guaranteed or money back.

thank you - thank you ---- and remember I always have a money back guarantee

You guys obviously have the right to do what you want, but I want to say I have done 7-8 deals with Patrick in cash and trade, sometimes for thousands, and although not always fast, always honorable. :gossip:

We have to remember this is a collectors forum. Many of us are not professional comic dealers and have demanding professions. I state at the beginning of my threads it can take a week to get your books shipped because that is the truth.

Anyway, I am just putting my experiences out there about a guy I have found to be honorable. :angel:

You guys obviously have the right to do what you want, but I want to say I have done 7-8 deals with Patrick in cash and trade, sometimes for thousands, and although not always fast, always honorable. :gossip:

We have to remember this is a collectors forum. Many of us are not professional comic dealers and have demanding professions. I state at the beginning of my threads it can take a week to get your books shipped because that is the truth.

Anyway, I am just putting my experiences out there about a guy I have found to be honorable. :angel:

+1

That's fine and dandy Rick, but when someone...

--posts in a thread that the books will ship at a certain time

--then they send you a PM that your book will ship at a certain time

--then they send you a PM that they forgot to ship it

--then they say in that PM that it will ship at a certain time

--then you still don't hear back from them after 5 more days

--then they don't respond to your PM (asking if it shipped) after reading it.

...that's when I become concerned.

This scenario has different circumstances than what you describe, so such rationalizations have no bearing here.

Yes this is a collectors forum, but it works both ways - I don't find a seller to be "honorable" when they request "prompt payment" then proceed to string you along and don't ship your book (nor communicate when asked about it).

I'm waiting on two comics that I have no problem with waiting on, and found the seller to have good comms, but that's just me. I asked questions on both books, so probably can be regarded as a medium-maintenance buyer.

In fact I'm more put off by the fact that he's busy at work that involves some ridiculous lib-fest, as if the elites will really save the world (that I helped fund the trip, heh).

I haven't done the same level of deals with Patrick, but the first one I did went smoothly and without a hitch. I had no hesitation purchasing from this thread here as well. Sometimes life happens to people and that takes them away from these forums for some time. Just my observations.

(and as a note I had another seller on these forums that I bought from also forget to send my books and I finally got them two months after I paid. Stuff happens and I knew in that case the seller would come through, same as I know that Patrick will come through here).

Sometimes life happens to people and that takes them away from these forums for some time.

But that's not the case here, is it - he posted on the forum today and also read my PM from earlier but failed to respond.

Please stop making excuses that don't apply.

I'm happy to hear others have had a good experience with Patrick, however at this point I am requesting a full refund.

Sometimes life happens to people and that takes them away from these forums for some time.

But that's not the case here, is it - he posted on the forum today and also read my PM from earlier but failed to respond.

Please stop making excuses that don't apply.

I'm happy to hear others have had a good experience with Patrick, however at this point I am requesting a full refund.

I've had no dealings with the seller, but I tend to agree with sacentaur on this. If a seller is delayed once, that could be life. Twice might be irksome, but not a deal killer. But a third delay/failure to deliver on a promise and to read a PM for an update and then fail to take the 30 seconds it takes to craft a response is just plain poor service and is in my book inexcusable. 2c

+1 (+2 +3 +etc...) Patrick is a standup guy, and one of the best Boardies around here.

As an infrequent buyer/seller here myself, I can attest to the fact that sometimes life happens and I'm not able to get to the post office - or the Internet for that matter - in a timely fashion. If I were running a business I suppose I should be concerned. But here in this community of amateur collectors and friends, where we are usually selling our comic books to pay for new ones, (and not vacations, as you say) I'm usually not worried about A+++ customer service.

That all being said, I think that if you have a problem that warrants needing a refund, don't burn bridges publicly and keep it to a PM. Please don't complain about boardies in public and keep it to a PM. Nobody likes thread krapping.

+1 (+2 +3 +etc...) Patrick is a standup guy, and one of the best Boardies around here.

As an infrequent buyer/seller here myself, I can attest to the fact that sometimes life happens and I'm not able to get to the post office - or the Internet for that matter - in a timely fashion. If I were running a business I suppose I should be concerned. But here in this community of amateur collectors and friends, where we are usually selling our comic books to pay for new ones, (and not vacations, as you say) I'm usually not worried about A+++ customer service.

That all being said, I think that if you have a problem that warrants needing a refund, don't burn bridges publicly and keep it to a PM. Please don't complain about boardies in publicly and keep it to a PM. Nobody likes thread krapping.

Clearly (and objectively, as is the case here) stating the shipping problems that you are having with the Seller, for books that were offered in this thread, is not threadkrapping. Nobody likes people who try to smooth over their buddies' bad acts. It's great that he is your friend, and it is great that you support him. But you should be giving him a kick in the to handle his business, not castigating a customer that has a legitimate beef.

how long do I have to wait????

Given that you didn't (apparently) start PM'ing the OP (on 7/27) until 9 days after the OP indicated that this thread was closed (on 7/18), you might want to ease off a bit. OP has no responsibility to respond to your PMs relating to a closed sales thread (assuming you didn't have a deal in place before the thread was indicated closed, of course...which it doesn't appear that you did). 2c

Why not start demanding PM responses from some other people in their closed sales threads, too? (but please don't pick one of mine :D )