• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

British Mags - FEAR, Toxic and Gorezone

8 posts in this topic

I am processing a collection I acquired and there's a decent amount of these mags in it. All seem to be in really nice shape, and are all bagged and boarded.

Are there any members here collecting these, and/or know a venue to move them?

Unfortunately, I'm not a horror guy, and these just don't fit into anything I collect.

None of these books go for much sadly, possibly if they we're graded and we're in 9.8. If you we're selling, I'd probably sell them in runs. The Horror Fan and the Slaughter House mags are very good horror/film mags of the era. Apperantly Toxic Horror was created to sink both of those magazines in the marketplace. (odd fact)

Gore Zone can fetch a few dollars in runs and issue 1 and issue 2 seem to have a bit of value in high grade $15-$30 depending on the day. I think the last issue might fetch a touch more due to low print run if I am not mistaken.

I have a lot of the Fear mags myself but I have never really seen much of a market for them outside of collectors putting together a run on the cheap.

Saying all that-- These are some great reads for anyone who loved horror and in particular indy horror in the late 80's early 90's. Great time capsule of the era.

If I was you-- I'd pack them together in runs and ebay them.

I hope this helps.